WTB - BLACK Subaru Type R

RAF1

V-Limited Member
Aye I was looking at a couple a few weeks back one made 1.4 mil and the other 2 mil+ !!

Evolvedgsr

Type RA Member
You seem to be on a mission with this. Any particular reason?
I'm 100% singing from the same songsheet that the frauds should be exposed, but also curious :thumb

Thus the Wanted to buy add......

I was offered the car, didn't go searching for them... I was going to view the cars as only 45 mins from me but I figured I'd check them out before taking the drive.

I'm in the motor trade and this is Fraud and 100% dishonest

Secondly this is also an enthusiasts club where people should be aware of certain information and individuals trying to scam people out of their money for something that its not.

If you found out your car you just paid big ££ for was 250kms and you bought it thinking you had a mint low km car I'm sure you'd feel slightly disgruntled

Evolvedgsr

Type RA Member
Aye I was looking at a couple a few weeks back one made 1.4 mil and the other 2 mil+ !!

Plenty of V3 coupes around at an affordable price, but yes genuine low km non R grade cars are selling for good money.

The grey v5 on ebay for 14k was ¥900,000 and grade R as most that are being bought over at the moment and still a nice car with genuine kms.

Still plenty of bargains around if you like blue or white!

I've been sent details of near on every coupe at auction over the last 6 months as I have a deposit with a broker in japan

I was offered this one attached in March but again not really after a blue coupe or would have had a bid on that!

Attachments

sc86

V-Limited Member
Which broker are you use? So many around now

Evolvedgsr

Type RA Member
That roofs going to need more than a buff :)

The grey one is advertised currently on autotrader showing 70,000 Miles..!
Sure does, needs stripping... But assure you it will be buzzed an painted over

Grey v5 is Is 201,000kms, clocked!
(as already stated not miles)

Your actually missing the point, these are probably sound cars and clean just dishonest sellers and not worth what they are being sold at as plenty of honest cars around but these type of practices are unfortunately too common in early imports.

Car sales is a business that's fine you offer low and sell high that's normal.

These are high km and being sold as low kms.... That's called fraud and exactly why I reported it.

Attachments

Last edited:

type-ra

Administrator
Thus the Wanted to buy add......

I was offered the car, didn't go searching for them... I was going to view the cars as only 45 mins from me but I figured I'd check them out before taking the drive.

I'm in the motor trade and this is Fraud and 100% dishonest

Secondly this is also an enthusiasts club where people should be aware of certain information and individuals trying to scam people out of their money for something that its not.

If you found out your car you just paid big ££ for was 250kms and you bought it thinking you had a mint low km car I'm sure you'd feel slightly disgruntled
Yep. Agreed.
Part of the reason for me putting so much time into the model decoder was exactly this. So many cars advertised as STi/P1/Type RA when they are a T2000. I'd hate to think how many people have spent good money on a car that's not as it was advertised.
Hopefully, with the registry, model decoder and carVX potential owners have a fighting chance of the car actually being what it should be:thumb

skascoupe

V-Limited Member
Theres a black type r for sale on facebook in northern ireland if you look up dhautos
15500 stg
I dont know the car i just saw it on facebook yesterday

Yes i agree all these dodgey importers should be reported. Con artists. Its great there getting caught out with carvx etc

Scotty75

V-Limited Member
Nice looking type r that shame he doesnt know what the correct make of wheels that are on it

Evolvedgsr

Type RA Member
I know that car already had contacted the current owner as he said he had a black type R before it officially came up for sale, same guy 100% he confirmed the car.

I also sent him the original auction sheet for this car, so hes well aware of its history.

Ask for the VIN number bet its GC8-076503

Its had a recent respray which looks nice, and very tidy all round car now for sure

Originally on Ebay for 10k a few months back with average condition paint, poor interior, was also advertised as 71,000 Miles (actually 116K miles) but done 187,266kms and its a grade RA major accident history.

I messaged the seller an the advertisement was removed immediately when I questioned the mileage.
If it was a genuine car and not been in a major accident I would have bought it.
Unfortunately being an RA and high kms car at the time in very poor condition I was not interested in it.

I was sent pictures by the previous seller of its condition on arrival, its SINCE been cleaned up very well.

Again probability not a bad car but it is a category classed major accident car, not a premium low km honest car.

But anyone can ask what they want for a car, but as long as you actually know what you're buying!

Attachments

Last edited: