What have you done in/with your Impreza this week?

@Iain I used this stuff. Had I read the label properly I would have spotted that it can't be over-lacquered, which I would have preferred to do. It seems to have keyed well and it seems to have hardened quite well but I'm just a bit concerned how long it will last without a protective lacquer.

As Christian says, I used VHT on mine - not for the heat as such but mainly the colour. It's metallic grey but not glossy. was really pleased with the finish and durability. Pretty sure it was Halfords brand.

I have also used normal clear lacquer over it since re-doing my front ones and adding the AM stickers. No problems...

Rgds, Ade

This afternoon I called in to see how the car was progressing and I am pleased to say we are reaching the end (once the smoking issue is resolved):

My rebuilt TD05 20G will be mated to the car and this area cleaned:
ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h276_Scruffy_Bear_Impreza_20Type_20RA_001_zpswzz52thy.jpg

New sunstrip :party:: worth a few bhp :D
ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h276_Scruffy_Bear_Impreza_20Type_20RA_007_zpsvyyopgpl.jpg

The front mount intercooler has been cleaned of oil/water and refitted together with front bumper (must replace the latter as it looking a bit tatty):
ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h276_Scruffy_Bear_Impreza_20Type_20RA_008_zpsg2kx7gif.jpg

ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h276_Scruffy_Bear_Impreza_20Type_20RA_006_zpsgcu1u55q.jpg

PS the RA is in very good company:

ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h276_Scruffy_Bear_Impreza_20Type_20RA_003_zpsrt1avdhi.jpg

ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h276_Scruffy_Bear_Impreza_20Type_20RA_004_zpsglyusk82.jpg

ai66.photobucket.com_albums_h276_Scruffy_Bear_Impreza_20Type_20RA_005_zpsgfaymbom.jpg

Last edited:
Mint innit :D Considering what I own, have driven and have owned, I think this is probably my favourite car. :) It's just effortless power and fun :)

The other day Amazon had some Swissvax at £40 so I treated myself to a pot. Wax on, wax off. View attachment 48260
Looking good I do like beading shots. Tho At a 1/4 of the price you can have liquid hard wax from Nielsen :thumb and you can see how the bottom of the bead is rounded on the paint and not flat o_O
image.jpeg

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Latest Posts

Events

Back