What have you done in/with your Impreza this week?

CEL appeard on the dash of the RA, diagnosed a faulty knock sensor, removed and replaced with a new one. That was satisfying. Then went for an evening run across a deserted mountain pass which was the only way to check all was OK ;)Wet and greasy at times too, DCCD locked, car shimmying and squirming around under power, tranny whining, turbo and dump whistling and sneezing, exhaust rumbling and blaring away. Such a transparent car to drive quickly, brimming with feedback through all contact surfaces. It's not hard to get into the zone with the car. Still the road car I relish driving above everything else I've tried.

Attachments

• IMG_1346.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 28
That's exactly how I felt getting my hatch back after driving a VAG dsr for 3 months; loving the whines and feedback, the rawness.
CEL appeard on the dash of the RA, diagnosed a faulty knock sensor, removed and replaced with a new one. That was satisfying. Then went for an evening run across a deserted mountain pass which was the only way to check all was OK ;)Wet and greasy at times too, DCCD locked, car shimmying and squirming around under power, tranny whining, turbo and dump whistling and sneezing, exhaust rumbling and blaring away. Such a transparent car to drive quickly, brimming with feedback through all contact surfaces. It's not hard to get into the zone with the car. Still the road car I relish driving above everything else I've tried.

Finally got round to fitting the rcm filter. Its makes a little bit more noise now, nice to hear turbo whistling away.

Gonna give her a good polish then go for a run down the back roads.

Attachments

• 20240211_102007.jpg
    20240211_102007.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240211_102736.jpg
    20240211_102736.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240211_105820.jpg
    20240211_105820.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 40
Why would you want the DCCD ‘locked’ on anything other than snow or mud??
I find the car very tail happy with diff open with its default rear bias. The road I was on at the time was narrow without any run off options, and wet. With diff locked and the car is far more neutral in the way it rotates when near the grip limit, no sudden oversteer.
On a multi-lane empty roundabout with good sighting however, that would be a diff open situation.

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Events

Back