What have you done in/with your Impreza this week?

I still think it's just to do with the bulbs though.
Can't see how the lights themselves will be any different to be honest but will have a look.
Think I've got another spare out in the garage so might take them apart and investigate.
I'm not certain TBH, but we checked Fud's 22b Type UK at Santa Pod a few years back & he had the lower rated lights too.
Be interesting to see the differences:thumb

I'm not certain TBH, but we checked Fud's 22b Type UK at Santa Pod a few years back & he had the lower rated lights too.
Be interesting to see the differences:thumb

The writing on the back of the lights that you posted Dean is relating to bulb power. I imagine the RA just got a more powerful bulb, a 100w compared to the normal 55w.

As far as I know 100w bulbs are not permitted in the UK, maybe that's why Fud's 22 had the lower rating....??

I'll let you know what I find once I've had chance to get out into the garage :thumb

The lights are different Matt.....if you look on the back grey plastic part where one of the adjusters sits, you will see the normal lights say 60/55 whereas RA lights say 100/80. It is not just the bulbs :)

Rgds, Ade
Oh poop, when I crashed my car in Wales I replaced the front lights with standard WRX items...but did the HID conversion :p the old ones are still on shelf...somewhere, but given it's a rally car I doubt they were the original RA ones when I picked it up! I think the only original feature on my car is the shell...

The writing on the back of the lights that you posted Dean is relating to bulb power. I imagine the RA just got a more powerful bulb, a 100w compared to the normal 55w.

As far as I know 100w bulbs are not permitted in the UK, maybe that's why Fud's 22 had the lower rating....??

I'll let you know what I find once I've had chance to get out into the garage :thumb

Not a chance......they would not have produced 2 different moulds for the light backs just to indicate the bulb rating surely?

Not a chance......they would not have produced 2 different moulds for the light backs just to indicate the bulb rating surely?

But the mould for the lower rated lights would of been used from the beginning. So in 95 when they decided to use a brighter bulb they would of had to make a new mould.
Just a thought.....

Went to Prescott Hill Climb for the first breakfast club meeting of the year. There was a nice eclectic group of cars and bikes.

I took this one of mine. It seemed appropriate to snap a pic of it parked among the cherry blossom.

View attachment 37377
@Rescue Dude I seen your car is the ONLY other classic white Impreza that modified the front fogs to PIAA...I seen it at JRM and was going to say awesome...I guarantee you've seen before but this was the front of my old V2 STI. In my view the PIAA suit better than the STI covers and that's why I've left the fogs on the front of the rally car :p

image.jpg

It was horrible to own a Subaru Impreza STI classic on these roads. I can promise it never went into three figures...much!!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That's my old car (2 years ago) along some of my local roads!

Just white in these cars is my favourite and my mission is to own either a white road version RA, STI or WRX again as I miss my old STI totally.

Last edited:
I sent off from that interweb auction site for a USB multifunction oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, data recorder and signal generator/sweep generator. It's only up to 20mhz in bandwidth but will allow me to build, test and refine audio filtering to make a better(hopefully) knock sensor/display system. I have a working and broken Knock Link, so have a rough set of details to test things with in terms of knock sensor output levels, but I plan to add to the current knock link display output along, to give a smoother display, with adding low level audio outputs to audio recording drives for off line inspection and then a high level output for plugging headphones into, akin to a set of detcans.

With this new bit of inexpensive/cheap test gear I can refine the audio knock frequencies and pass them through a narrow band filter to clean up the other noises from the background. With the aid of a work Knock Link, I should be able to simulate knock sensor conditions to see where more dangerous levels are at to build a more usable display, excited isn't the word :)

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Latest Posts

Events

Back