What have you done in/with your Impreza this week?

FeeRA

WRX TYPE RA
Do you have a link to your Ebay item ?

This is the one I have for my 3 ton sealey jack, but if you type in trolley Jack pad into eBay search it should bring up different sizes and variations etc

“edit” sorry just noticed this isn’t the same jack model as mine (mine is a larger sized jack) but I’m sure you get the gist....

Last edited:

Artyscoob

Turbo 2000 and version 6 Sti RA V ltd

This is the one I have for my 3 ton sealey jack, but if you type in trolley Jack pad into eBay search it should bring up different sizes and variations etc
Thanks very much, that's great.

johnfelstead

Type RA Member
I had the old girl back up in the air again for a couple of jobs. Workshop was too full of racing cars to do inside and it was a lovely day, so outside it was.

20210422_180642.jpg

When i did the cam-belt and water pump change i noticed the headers had started to blow and could see some cracks, so to fix that i dropped the headers off, removed the now rattling heat shields and welded up the cracks. They were a lot worse than first impression, this is what 132K miles and close to 500BHP for a lot of that does to a set of stock headers.

20210422_130928.jpg20210422_130935.jpg20210422_130944.jpg20210422_130954.jpg20210422_131005.jpg

Once those were all welded up i wrapped them with some black titanium supplied by Alyn.

headerswrap.png

Long term plan is to buy a new set of OEM headers, as they will go again, but the repair should keep me on the road for a while with no issues.

Unfortunately another issue post the cam-belt change was i noticed the radiator had a tiny weep at the bottom, it's done 9 years service used daily all year round. It probably was when i pulled it out that it finished off a week spot, so the radiator was pulled again and I've fitted a stock new radiator whilst my race spec one goes off for a re-core job. As my radiator has a built in oil cooler, whilst off I've just linked the in/out lines so running with no oil cooler for a couple of weeks. It's a useful test of if my oil cooler was working. :D

I can report it was, my oil temps just cruising at 70MPH are 20 degrees higher. o_O

Job for tomorrow is a proper wash and clean. :D