What have you done in/with your Impreza this week?

PeteRA

V-Limited Member
Mark from TDR kindly dropped the RA off an hour ago from having a full service etc etc etc, lol. He put it on the Dyno to check boost, fuel etc and was amazed , it made 300 bhp and 285 ft/lb, amazing for a 23 year old standard car and engine, Just a turbo back exhaust. said the engine is a sweet as nut , mind you with just over 9k on it should be.

This weekend it’ll be detailing time, now just got to sight tight for DVLA to get back to me so I can register it.

ABAF3CC8-8E88-4AA5-8936-63BE6910E5CA.jpegF0720EBD-38B5-40D9-8C68-C81D2145EAFA.jpeg

1509joe

V-Limited Member
Mark from TDR kindly dropped the RA off an hour ago from having a full service etc etc etc, lol. He put it on the Dyno to check boost, fuel etc and was amazed , it made 300 bhp and 285 ft/lb, amazing for a 23 year old standard car and engine, Just a turbo back exhaust. said the engine is a sweet as nut , mind you with just over 9k on it should be.

This weekend it’ll be detailing time, now just got to sight tight for DVLA to get back to me so I can register it.

View attachment 105664View attachment 105665
No wheels yet @PeteRA :)

John Halliday

V-Limited Member
Just got mine back from the printshop this morning. After a quick drive, I forgot how much fun it was!

I also installed the vintage decals to bring it back to factory looks.

Its honestly better condition now that it was new lol
62A4BB2D-6D72-489B-BC98-455E8138CF51.JPG

PazzaAE86

V-Limited Member
Fitted some STi alloy lower arms to my wrx, all bolted straight on, anti roll bar works with a pair of shims to offerset the drop link a little and its pumped the track out nicely. Camber increased obviously, but the stock adjuster keeps it in check easily.

Combined with the AST suspension it really feels great now.. I think a little more rear camber won't hurt though..

20200522_212412.jpg

Wally

V-Limited Member
Did some small things, I'm a like freak about circlips and plastic retainers, they all have to be OEM and complete. I can't sleep when I know that there is a plastic wheel arch protection missing a small clip.... :)

Also removed the 10 year old Bilstein WR sport suspension.
I had the chance to buy this, 10 years ago in NEW condition.
They were wrapped in plastic with the red oil and dampers strap still attached.
(Sorry no pics from that, stupid me)

I'm going to dismantle then and have the dampers send on the refurbish completely.
Also gonna have matching springs made.
Currently I have Red Eibach springs from an unknown value.
But after 10 years they also need to be replaced.

Gonna order a pile of bolts, rubber and washers to prepare the installation when I have the dampers back in a few weeks.

IMG_0565.jpegIMG_0566.jpegIMG_0564.jpegIMG_0567.jpegIMG_0568.jpegIMG_0569.jpegIMG_0570.jpegIMG_0571.jpegIMG_0572.jpegIMG_0560.jpegIMG_0563.jpeg

It looks all rusty but after 10 years I'm surprised that this is the only thing, some surface rust.
None of the dampers is leaking and they still perform decent.

The fast bump absorption is degrading (riding over ruts and rails).
You can feel that by the ABS kicking in as soon as you ride over short bumps like potholes.

The seals area also starting to sweat a little.

I'm really exiting to try out the refurbished set, certainly knowing that the will finally have a spring set to match

I was pleased with the red Eibachs but always I had in the back of my mind the idea that this was not the ideal setup.

Really difficult here in Belgium to get some knowledge about this.

I'm happy to found this forum last year and thanks for the help in getting me in the right direction to find the right people to get this done !

Last edited: