What car would you buy?

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by Enkiekev, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Enkiekev

Enkiekev V-Limited Member

I am very happy i got the impreza i did, the miles were a lttile high for me but in general all good......MX5, now thats one i never would think of....i thought the celica ST205 would be a good one......i was very tempted to by a WRC edition one a year back......i should of got it looking back.

2. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

I know it’s a bit of blasphemy (and I used to love the thought of an NSX) but now that everyone seems to be worshipping them its put me off, I can appreciate how good the chassis is but I think the V6 is a bit underpowered for it, a good MX5 on the other hand...........:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Topper Harley

Topper Harley V-Limited Member

Buy the car you like the most . Evo MR would be a great buy. Then again I'd love a Civic Type-R or DC5 or DC2 :inlove: ……….. The list is endless really when you have a passion for Japanese cars :bow .
    Just like @type-ra I didn't buy a Subaru as an "investment" I bought one because I wanted one . Nothing like opening the garage door to see it parked up in the corner :clap: .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TYPERV6

TYPERV6 Owner at The Project

I'll be shot for saying this... but first generation Audi TT's have to be a safe bet... especially the Sports Edition with the Recaro seats. Only 800 made and 650 known to be left.

Or a Mk1 Mx5 Type S or R... rare cars. I had a Type R Mx5 years ago... savage little car. LSD, unrated suspension, ox blood red leather, strut braces.... most amount of fun you'll have in a car at small speeds.

I picked up a Mk4 Mini last year, which I'm delighted about. Needs a lot of work... but I'm generally gob-smacked at the prices these tend to be fetching at the minute. 15k-60k for Mk1 Minis is unreal.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Topper Harley

Topper Harley V-Limited Member

@TYPERV6 agree on the MX-5 . Great fun car to drive and pretty much bomb proof .

Not so sure on the TT though. I don't think they aged very well at all .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. TYPERV6

TYPERV6 Owner at The Project

I think the TT is at that mid-way turning point... they don't look like they've aged well now... but give it 5-10 years and opinions may change. They were a design classic and anything labelled that tends to come full circle at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kanrex

Kanrex Type RA Member

If this was financially possible: 1x Hawkeye Spec C Type Ra-R 1x Evo 8 MR RS (why hate when they are both just as fun :D) 1x R34 Vspec II Nür

I agree with this statement: from type ra:
    "A little off topic, but very much related.
    I went to a funeral of client last week. He owned a very nice Porsche but very rarely drove it. I often abused him about the lack of use of his car (oh, the irony!).
    The celebrant made mention of his lack of use of his dream car but his "pleasure of ownership" of it.
    He is now dead. His car is still in his garage, will probably be sold off to the next owner/investor.

Bloody hell, this is a miserable reply but it maybe reminds that they are just cars we love & not just investments. *edit because I didn't finsh my rant"

These cars were meant to be driven.. love and care for them but drive them in the manner they were suppose to be driven. Lying on the deathbed.. when your life plays it out... I am sure the fun times with the car with mates and events will be more fulfilling rather than the one time profit (but maybe this profit will allow you to have more opportunities down the track?). We are however lucky enough to live in an age, where we are not 'forced' with many of our decisions, so each to their own.

Slightly off topic (a little confrontational his presentation style), I find this little video a very good reminder of what is important:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. V-Lim Jim

V-Lim Jim Type RA Member

I'd have a Toyota Caldina GT-T but I do have a wagon fetish! :inlove:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. funkyrimpler

funkyrimpler V-Limited Member

Caterham for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

Integra DC5 always held some interest.......

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3