What car would you buy?

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by Enkiekev, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Enkiekev

Enkiekev V-Limited Member

Hello all,

If you were buying a car from japan in the next few months, for use and kind of investment, what would you buy and why?

Mine is an EVO 8 or 9 RS for this

Some friends have said ford focus RS mk1 and mini cooper GP here in UK, but i think they have both sailed TBH.

2. 53R

53R Enthusiast

Skoda Yeti :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mad Max

Mad Max V-Limited Member

My wife has one, it's a great car!

4. 53R

53R Enthusiast

I want one :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. sc86

sc86 V-Limited Member

ship has sailed for any jap import as investment
    time to buy was 5 years ago
    time to sell is now

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

I probably wouldn’t look for investment purposes more for the purpose of having something with the view to being able to own one now without it getting out of reach or no more good ones available.

For me I’d try and find a nice Evo 6 GSR/RS/Mak or Honda Civic Type R EK9 or FD2. I still reckon a nice stock EK9 type R would be a lovely thing to roll out the garage of a weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Enkiekev

Yes, true, only honda that does it for me is a NSX, the old ones.....although see alot of these FD2 mugen rr jobs being imported, but they just dont do it for me......evo 5 or 6 rs would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

A little off topic, but very much related.
    I went to a funeral of client last week. He owned a very nice Porsche but very rarely drove it. I often abused him about the lack of use of his car (oh, the irony!).
    The celebrant made mention of his lack of use of his dream car but his "pleasure of ownership" of it.
    He is now dead. His car is still in his garage, will probably be sold off to the next owner/investor.

Bloody hell, this is a miserable reply but it maybe reminds that they are just cars we love & not just investments. *edit because I didn't finsh my rant

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Enkiekev

I am sorry for the loss, now give me the details on this porsche at once!....(sorry!)

I get pleasure keeping my cars in good condition and the odd blast to the shops of a sunday morning to get the papers and some sweets.

Everyone's attitude with cars is different....i used to be terrible and leave then in my garage, but i alternate them and try and make sure they all get used sometimes.......sounds sad but thats how i enjoy them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I'm right with you there:thumb
    I bought mine because I love the Impreza - some may say too much:sweating: If they go up in value, that's good. If they don't, I don't care. That's not why I bought them.
    As for the original question. MX5 is the next big thing:bow

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1