Type RA Member
Wanted Subaru Type R 2 Door Wide Body Car / Project

Must Have WRC / 22b Wide Body

Road Going or Part Built Project

Let Me Know What You Have

Cash Waiting For Right Car

cuili1

V-Limited Member
Not an easy this to find, as i'm sure you know. You could source a Type R, and speak to @TYPERV6 about a wide body kit.

NRN33

Type RA Member
Not an easy this to find, as i'm sure you know. You could source a Type R, and speak to @TYPERV6 about a wide body kit.
Yeh @cuili1 looked at that option, even finding a good Type r is not that easy at a sensible price and then the pit falls of finding a body kit that actually fits, Carbon seems to be best but at an unbelievable cost

TYPERV6

Owner at The Project
Hey, my own personal two cents... be wary if you buy someone else’s project. You’d be better off starting from scratch so you know what you are working with. There are very few WRC bodied cars out there. Some WRC bodied cars will be carbon or possibly steel, which is the best option. any others are generally GRP but accuracy with shape and arch aperture (and other countless details) can be very wrong. Also GRP will crack over time and cause major headaches, so whether it is 22b or WRC looks you are after, I’d avoid GRP like crazy. PM if you like and you’ve any queries. Cheers. Jamie

NRN33

Type RA Member
Hey, my own personal two cents... be wary if you buy someone else’s project. You’d be better off starting from scratch so you know what you are working with. There are very few WRC bodied cars out there. Some WRC bodied cars will be carbon or possibly steel, which is the best option. any others are generally GRP but accuracy with shape and arch aperture (and other countless details) can be very wrong. Also GRP will crack over time and cause major headaches, so whether it is 22b or WRC looks you are after, I’d avoid GRP like crazy. PM if you like and you’ve any queries. Cheers. Jamie
Hi @TYPERV6 I totally understand what you are saying and have read your thread, which is awesome I must say, but I just can’t stretch to spending 10k on a body kit and still have to fit it and paint the full car. Unfortunately I don’t have the expertise to do the work myself and the wrc look scooby is my dream build, which leaves me no option really but to take the risk of buying a finished shell, rolling or full build which hopefully someone has built correctly. If you hear of one for sale please let me know. Cheers

TYPERV6

Owner at The Project
Completely understand where you’re coming from. P.m. if you want… The 10K figure have is a little on the high side. It’s not a cheap route, but if you intend to keep the car and you really want a WRC replica, then it might be the best option. The problem is, as you said, trying to find a clean car for the right money

L555BAE

V-Limited Member
There’s about five currently advertised in the usual places.

Artyscoob

Turbo 2000 and version 6 Sti RA V ltd
Pat Herbourne (of Syvec fame) is looking to sell his. It's up at Scoobyclinic, Chesterfield. I'd drop them an email for detailsIMG_20200304_103244.jpg