[wanted] gear box bushes & mount + ball join links...

Discussion in 'Impreza wanted' started by zak shaker, Jan 21, 2010.

1. zak shaker

zak shaker Type RA Member

[wanted] gear box bushes & mount + ball join, links...

hello,

I'm looking for quite few parts for my STI type R V5

- rear right tail light
    - left and right steering rack end
    - left and right ball join
    - front ARB links
    - gear box mountings
    - gear cross brushes
    - gear box oil seal (NOK BH2489E)
    - steering rack bushings

ai394.photobucket.com_albums_pp24_zakshaker_Impreza_20STI_20type_20R_DSC_0051.jpg
    ai394.photobucket.com_albums_pp24_zakshaker_Impreza_20STI_20type_20R_DSC_0052.jpg
    ai394.photobucket.com_albums_pp24_zakshaker_Impreza_20STI_20type_20R_DSC_0053.jpg

where could I source all that, considering I'm based in Mauritius (so I don't mind ordering from states if it is cheaper)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. stoooo

stoooo Type RA Member

What currencies do you have access to ? That might well determine the best place to buy. I think Ralph on here can help you with a lot of these parts, but depending on your local currency/$ exchange rate, a US supplier might be best. I can suggest a couple if that's the route you want to go.

Suggestions for your list:

- rear right tail light - Can't help you there
    - left and right steering rack end - OEM ?
    - left and right ball join - Whiteline Kit or OEM Replacement, e.g. MOOG
    - front ARB links - Whiteline
    - gear box mountings / gear cross brushes
    -- GrpN 5MT Tranny Mount - OEM p/n D1010FE020
    -- GrpN Engine Mounts - OEM p/n D1010FE110 (RH) and D1010FE120 (LH)
    -- GrpN Pitch Stopper - OEM p/n D1040FE000
    -- 5MT Tranny Crossmember Bushings - Whiteline or TiC
    -- 5MT Linkage Upgrade from TiC - http://www.turninconcepts.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_9_7_479_20_1183&products_id=357
    - gear box oil seal - OEM ?
    - steering rack bushings - Whiteline

Super Pro Poly has a lot of identical bushings to the Whiteline offerings, so they are also worth a look if you have a local dealer for them.

If you're doing gearbox bushings, you might want to also take a look at the Kartboy and TiC shifter bushing sets for front/rear/pivot bushings. I used to have a Kartboy short shifter in my old RS, and was considering getting one for the RA, but the shifter in the RA is already just about as short as the Kartboy one, so save your money and don't bother with that.

Stuart.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. zak shaker

thanks for your help

I live in Mauritius Island, but I will use my french VISA credit card to pay (I'm french)
    so my currency is Euro :)

It would be easier for me to buy everything from same shop if possible. (and cheaper for shipping)
    could you provide me a URL list, who is Ralf ? I come here not that often, so not familliar with anyone yet

I'm trying to find the gear box oil seal localy, but it is not easy as there is no subaru dealer in this country :(

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. zak shaker

So I'm still searching for

- rear right tail light - Can't help you there
    - left and right steering rack end
    - left and right ball join - Whiteline Kit or OEM Replacement, e.g. MOOG
    - front ARB links
    -- GrpN Pitch Stopper
    - gear box oil seal
    - steering rack bushings - Whiteline

haven't found any url to source oil seals which is now becoming very urgent :(

still do'nt know who is Ralf

5. stoooo

stoooo Type RA Member

Sorry, I missed you asking about that the first time. Ralph runs Milsport, and is known on here as WhiteRAMan. You can look up his profile here... http://www.type-ra.co.uk/vB/member.php?u=431. He's a good guy who really knows his stuff, and he takes good care of his customers.

Stuart.

6. zak shaker

ohh, now I remember him !
    thank you. I'll pm him right now

7. stoooo

stoooo Type RA Member

Updated my post above with OEM part numbers for the GrpN parts. Sorry for the delay.

Stuart.