Value of a v1/v2 apexi f.c ?

Savage Bulldogs

V-Limited Member
Does anyone know How much a apexi f.c with hand controller, map lead "add on " and a hako interface goes for now days ?.

Not thinking of selling just yet but wanted to know ,how much I'd get back on them .

Cheers Clive

type-ra

Administrator
Does anyone know How much a apexi f.c with hand controller, map lead "add on " and a hako interface goes for now days ?.

Not thinking of selling just yet but wanted to know ,how much I'd get back on them .

Cheers Clive
I sold one last year for £350 to a guy in the US :thumb
That was ECU and hand commander only.

Savage Bulldogs

V-Limited Member
Thanks for that Dean @type-ra

The map lead add on allows you to fit the later oe map sensor which reads higher than the stock v1/V2 map sensor. The hako interface allows you to attach a wideband for logging and map the ECU.

So hopefully the whole kit should be worth a bit more than just ECU and controller.

53R

M-thoc Iceth Cweam
They go for quite a lot in Japan now. People bang on about them being outdated but people still fit them as age appropriate tuning hardware. Mine has been brilliant I can't fault it. I bought a brand spanking new one with AVCR which has my back up map on in case of emergency too. :)

Savage Bulldogs

V-Limited Member
Oh definitely @53R , I've loved my apexi f.c and it's been faultless for 9years or so . Having the hand controller and the avcr readouts,with peak hold functions have been great for keeping a eye on things. I've used the hako a few times to log but I leave the witchcraft (mapping) to the expert's.

Although the fuelling is fine ,My green label maf is well and truly maxed at 382hp

I have already spliced in a tomei maf plug and have a bigger z32 maf but think I'd eventually like a toucan or tablet display , along with mafless multi maps .

So hopefully the apexi f.c with controller, map lead add on and hako , plus the boxed avcr black edition will part pay for a replacement ecu .

Tbh this is just me doing some man maths homework before bringing the subject up with the mrs , to increase my chances of her not going skitz due to me already "spending more on that car than her "

CFK

Type RA Member
I was about to buy a link ECU, but a Power FC popped up locally. Got excited, bought it it without controller. Was hoping to find a used one or a deal on Datalogit or FC Hako but it’s harder than expected ! By the time I buy a controller / Datalogit I might as well have just gone for the newer more advanced Link unit :confused:

Savage Bulldogs

V-Limited Member
The apexi f.c has been a great bit of kit , unsure where you'd get another hand controller though . Have you searched to see if they're generic to all models of f.c or just subaru "pinned" ones ?

Might help you widen the search for one , as plenty of jap cars run apexi

As for me I bought a linkg4x (newer version) and link map sensor on friday . So hopefully will have a few bits up for sale in a couple of weeks but unfortunately I wont want to split ECU and controller .

I have got someone interested in my 565cc nismos and the hako but I'll chuck a for sale post on here once the link is fitted and mapped .

CFK

Type RA Member
The apexi f.c has been a great bit of kit , unsure where you'd get another hand controller though . Have you searched to see if they're generic to all models of f.c or just subaru "pinned" ones ?

Might help you widen the search for one , as plenty of jap cars run apexi

As for me I bought a linkg4x (newer version) and link map sensor on friday . So hopefully will have a few bits up for sale in a couple of weeks but unfortunately I wont want to split ECU and controller .

I have got someone interested in my 565cc nismos and the hako but I'll chuck a for sale post on here once the link is fitted and mapped .

Hi

Thanks for the quick response !

Ive seen that the newer style one is universal, but it’s like £265 ($450 CDN), I paid $500 CDN for the ECU which I thought was a decent deal. Ah well, if I don’t find a used one for a reasonable price I used I’ll probably just take the same route. G4X PnP. I do love the idea of the era correct tuning, but not if it’s the same price for older tech.

My setup is quite basic though, it’s a 92 Legacy SS (North American spec) EJ22T w\ SOHC / TD05 / 440’s / delta 230 cams. So I don’t need anything too crazy and I’m sure the FC would suffice. I was running a “Robtune” chip but it popped the bed !

Savage Bulldogs

V-Limited Member
Although I did max my green maf on the stock tdo5 16g, as it was correctly mapped on a dyno so the fuelling was still on point . I'm sure the apexi would be ideal at that level of tune .
Once the link is fitted and mapped ,I'll see If my mate still wants the hako and if not ,I'll gladly pm you on here to see if you're still looking for one @CFK :thumb

CFK

Type RA Member
Hi, sorry to bother you again. Just found a Commander locally for cheap. But I have no idea if it’s compatible with my ECU. Just wondering if anybody can answer this for me as the guy is driving this way shortly.

My PFC :
GC8A 9809-0033

His PFC:
GTR33L 020-0342

His Commander :
FCC3 020-00719

Not sure where you find the model #’s like 415-F001, 415-A030 etc. Just curious what sticker is stamped on your hand controller ?

Thanks in advance !