V1 WRX Import Restoration

Sprint

Type RA Member
Bought / saved a 1993 Version 1 WRX Import a couple weeks ago and am now starting the resto, very excited to get this opportunity - love a B road, love bronze/brown glass, love the 90s interior!! Will get some pics up as she stands soon.

Aside from an intrusive exhaust, air filter and some wheels/suspension it is stock which is nice. All easily undo-able!

First point of call is the suspension, im looking at AGX dampers, and want to run standard springs (or at least standard spring rate, upto 15mm lower).
Can anyone confirm the correct KYB part numbers for the OE springs?
Can anyone point me towards standard spring rate, 15mm lower? - if that exists!

The stock dampers, which look like someone has fitted STI pinks, are completely shot.
The Tein lowering springs i am not a fan of!

Second point of call is some minor structural corrosion, there looks to be sill supports or outriggers which are a stampded steel panel, located at the back of the front lower arch wells, they join the front under chassis rails to the front of the inner sills. Are these available or am i going to have to fab them?

Best, Dave

Sprint

Type RA Member
i do not know how i did not see the sub forum "impreza restorations", what a d!*k, mods feel free to move or delete my newb idiocy :angel:

Sprint

Type RA Member
Does the GD Bugeye front subframe/wishbones/drive shafts/steering rack etc match up to the GC series?
Im currently working ahead sourcing parts to overhaul/paint/rebush and then fit up.
Any info greatly appreciated!

I mean if someone has a whole load of running gear i can buy / or exchange with mine thatd be extremely convenient!

Sprint

Type RA Member
Also my local breakers have a V3 fuel tank, with lovely clean fuel hard lines - are there any differences between V1 and V3 in this department?