Urgent plea for help! Version 6 headlights required for MOT...

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by theboywhippo, Nov 12, 2018.

1. theboywhippo

theboywhippo Type RA Member

Hey guys, hope you're all well.

My Type R has it's MOT in a couple of weeks and I always have an issue with the headlight beam being all to cock. We think this is due to my car having a set of LHD light fitted for some bizarre reason. Normally we get around this by borrowing a set of headlights from another v6 car that has been lying at the back of the workshop for years gathering dust! However, the aforementioned car's owner has finally claimed it so this year unfortunately I don't have this option.

I haven't got the budget at the moment to buy new or second hand so I was wondering if anyone has a pair lying around I could borrow for my MOT and then return in exchange for some beer tokens. I know I'm not the most active member on here, but you can be sure that if somebody is kind enough to do me a favour I will make it up to them and be eternally grateful :thumb

I'm located in Grantham and my MOT is booked for 23rd November so ideally I'd need to collect something next weekend and return the items the following weekend.

Thanks in advance for any help :bow

Paul.

2. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I have a set you can borrow paul @theboywhippo
    I'll be heading your way on Saturday too:thumb

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. theboywhippo

Dean, that would be amazing thank you so much :thumb

Do you want me to meet you anywhere or are you flying by on the A1?

Thanks a lot mate, you've got me out of a hole!

Paul.

4. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I'll be on the way down on Saturday moring & back Saturday night. Probably passing you about 7ish in the morning. Not sure what time on the way back as I may have a collection to make.

5. theboywhippo

I'll be about early if you don't mind calling in on your way chap?

Can return the lights to you on the weekend of the 23rd or whenever suits you best?

Whereabouts are you based Dean, PM if you prefer mate ;)

Paul.

6. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

If you can meet me on the A1 that's perfect. That way I don't have to hang about as I have to be there early on Saturday & I don't like getting out of bed early!
    I'll be back down again in December so we can meet up then to collect them - saves you a trip:thumb

7. theboywhippo

Haha me neither. Ok thanks mate, meet at Colsterworth services? BP garage at a time to suit you? I'll PM you my number so you can let us know an ETA and I'll make sure you're not hanging about :thumb

8. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Ready to go:thumb
    IMG_6961 (Copy).JPG

• Like Like x 7
  9. theboywhippo

Hero!! :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

See you tomorrow morning Dean, I've PM'd you my number but think you may already have it?

Cheers,

Paul.

10. PeteRA

PeteRA V-Limited Member

How’s the car going on the new engine Paul??? Did you stay on TMIC too??