Type-RA Summer Tour

Essbon

Impreza WRX Type R STI Version 5
Some of you may know or have seen a post about Euro Tours I plan and organise each year.
Well speak with @type-ra I offered to organised a trip a bit more closer to home for the Type RA members

Since this is the first one for the the Club/Forum Members i decided to keep this short n sweet to see how much interested we get and you never know, could make this a yearly thing

Anyway, for the first 'tour' will be a little jaunt around the lake District, visiting Windermere and Coniston Water, with a planned visit to to Lakeland Motor Museum
https://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk

According to my route planner, should take around 3 hours to drive (55 miles) the routed as detailed in the picture below.
Should be a few places to stop off for photos shoots or event stop somewhere for a bite to eat

The hotel(s) booked are about 30 mins drive from the Museum and start of the planned driving route.

Dates are
Friday 6th to Sunday 8th September

Friday - will be meet up at the hotel
Saturday - drive round the Lake District
Saturday night - food and drinks in a pub/restaurant
Sunday - Visit Lakeland Motor Museum

NB - the hotel details will not be posted up here, but will be made available to people who are generally interesting in this weekend
Family members are welcome to come along too, this is just a fun weekend away for us to meet up and a casual drive in our beloved Subaru's

Route
upload_2019-6-10_19-21-55.png

Essbon

if you are interested please reply to this thread so we can add you to the list of confirmed members

currently confirmed members
  1. @Essbon - hotel booked
  2. @type-ra + family - hotel booked
  3. @Steve777 - hotel booked
  4. @Topper Harley - sharing with Essbon
  5. @hugh +1 - hotel booked
  6. @Wagonroy + family - hotel booked
  7. @biscuittin + kids - Hotel booked Sat night - meet up sat morning
  8. @gus - Hotel booked Sat night
  9. @spence275 - Saturday Morning
  10. @Chris.air + family - Hotel booked
  11. @Winchester + better half - Hotel booked
  12. @Keith + Julie (I assume) - Hotel booked
  13. CossieNiel + family - possible different hotel to us - TBC

Maybe's/interested

Last edited:

biscuittin

What time are you thinking of setting off on the Saturday morning as the lakes is only about 1hr for me and I could meet you all Saturday morning and possibly stay over on the Saturday night , I will have my kids though if no one minds them coming

Essbon

What time are you thinking of setting off on the Saturday morning as the lakes is only about 1hr for me and I could meet you all Saturday morning and possibly stay over on the Saturday night , I will have my kids though if no one minds them coming
Hey Chap

Kids welcome, not a problem
i'd probably say leave hotel around 10:30 11:00am

Saturday not really in a rush, to leave hotel, this is just a little drive for a few hours
sound ok?

NB - anyone is welcome for all or part of the days, don't feel you have to attend the whole weekend, e.g. if you fancy just meeting up for the Sunday drive to the museum, you can, not an issue

I will post up more details closer to the time of the weekend

cuili1

V-Limited Member
What a great idea and trip this is. I'm disappointed I'll be away over these dates.