Type R kind of long story: conversion, restoration, weekend fun

Dirkdiggler1978

Continues improvement
Hi there Restaurators :)

After a longer while couple of nice new parts arrived to my place.

I would like to admit that due to Brexit getting parts from UK became really challenging those days.

Upcharge for custom fee and paperwork is becoming an serious matter. That is very very pityaaaaghh

I always appriciated good shelf availiability for jdm's parts in UK and in fact I ordered and recieved in the last few years a lot of parts for my type r from UK. Usually it was easy, smooth, fast, professional, and competitive buying process. I found a favorite suppliers, I knew that I can get parts which were impossible to get somewhere else.

But in new Brexit enviroment at least two of top mentioned points will not be valid anymore for international buyers like me:

- not easy buy anymore due to paperwork, customs declarations, quite time consuming and generally a voodoo process
- expensive ( now it should be upcharge by customes fee and VAT) - in case of car parts improted to Poland it means + c.a. 38% on top of the order value.

20210304_091215.jpg20210304_091423.jpg20210304_091826.jpg20210304_092131 (1).jpg20210304_092258.jpg20210304_092438.jpg20210304_092453.jpg20210304_092536.jpg20210304_092559.jpg20210304_092648.jpg20210304_092717.jpg

Wally

Type RA Member
I know what you mean about the Brexit costs.
I have the same problem here in Belgium.
Ordering from ICP, Scoobyworx or similar is a price hike of 35 % and more.
Before parts were delivered within days, now it can take up to three weeks.

It is plain ridiculous.

And this is just for us normal people to feed our hobby.

Can you imagine what sort of stress this brings to small business and companies that sell/buy from the UK

I really hope they will get another agreement between the EU and the UK, the current way of doing things is going into a hellhole soon.

Wally

Type RA Member
I can buy on my company's VAT number but if I want to be legal I have to pay VAT.
My Subaru is my personal car and not registered on my company.
I do can buy parts just like that without VAT.
But there is still the problem of the extended delivery time (held in customs) and the extra fees, around 35 %.

Dirkdiggler1978

Continues improvement
I can buy on my company's VAT number but if I want to be legal I have to pay VAT.
My Subaru is my personal car and not registered on my company.
I do can buy parts just like that without VAT.
But there is still the problem of the extended delivery time (held in customs) and the extra fees, around 35 %.
The same situation here.

RA Graham

WRX STi Sportswagon V6, WRX STi Type RA limited V6
Anything coming from the UK to Europe is now VAT free as it is EXPORT GOODS but you will have to pay import tax on the goods.

SUBGT

V-Limited Member
Anything coming from the UK to Europe is now VAT free as it is EXPORT GOODS but you will have to pay import tax on the goods.
You have to pay VAT and import tax in your country when it is delivered. Not at the moment you buy the item.
Isn't it ?