Testing the water on value

Gills

V-Limited Member
Hi all

just testing the water really as not sure what it’s worth should I wish to sell.

v1 wrx sti wagon no 85/200 in red

totally standard with original cdb 110000 km so around 68000miles, rust freee and never been welded.

All rare extras are, front spats, headlight and fog light protectors, enlisting Electra r alloys, original boot protector.

massive folder of receipts

pics of car with standard alloys, also have the polished alloys with car which are work carving stark 2 only 6kg each

Attachments

Paul92

V-Limited Member
I don't think you would see big numbers for these.
It's something about wagons, they are less desirable. About 5-6000 ? I mean, it's a solid STi.
Side repeaters and rear aerial would be 2 details to adress though.

The Enkei wheels are worth a lot, but keeping them with the car would not see the value of the car rise much. If you were to sell this car, I would consider breaking my WRX and selling a kidney.

Burt2000

V-Limited Member
It’s a rare car and nice in red, Subaru’s are hard to value but being 1 of 200 and rust free/never welded are the big plus points. What figure have you got in your head, roughly?

Gills

V-Limited Member
To be honest I’m not really sure, I saw on up for £15000 last month in red and have seen rough ones for around 6-7000 so I’m guessing somewhere in the middle?

type-ra

Administrator
If I was selling this, I'd make it look as close to the brochure as possible. You have the correct wheels and everything else to get it 100%. The brochure features a red wagon so you have the perfect reference.
Wagons do seem to be the unloved sibling of the family but the first STi wagon and original would be desirable to a collector IMO.

sc86

V-Limited Member
To be honest I’m not really sure, I saw on up for £15000 last month in red and have seen rough ones for around 6-7000 so I’m guessing somewhere in the middle?
the red one up for 15000 was my old one which i imported. its showroom condition and near standard.
That was 15000 euros and the car was registered in southern ireland , we have big registration tax here so puts up the price, to import your wagon here would cost near 3k in registration fees alone , so not good car to compare to.

i love wagons but there not as valuable as a saloon sadly

John86

Type RA Member
I agree with Paul 92. I have a v1 wagon myself and would be delighted if it was worth somewhere between 7 and 15k .
The guy that owned before you had it on eBay for 6.5k for quite a while.

Gills

V-Limited Member
Ok, I don’t know what it looked like or what the spec was last time it was up for sale ? Think I’m going to aim for as one as possible to hold its value for the future if I choose to sell it. To be honest it’s pretty clean now just some tlc really.