Sunstar 1/18th 555 Impreza models

Thanks for clearing that up Ade. I don't wish to get pedantic about it but I have attached two pics: one of the actual car and one of Prodrive's car.
You can clearly see that the rear bumper follows the rear wheel arch radius on the actual car but not on Prodrive's car.
I know Prodrive tout their car as being the actual car that won that rally, which is fine but the least they could do is to make it actually look like the real deal.
Anyway, rant over :)
Is it right that there are no regulation mudflaps on the group A rally cars?

Back in the day the rules were different - hence no need for flaps on asphalt. If the car was to compete in a rally today (certainly under MSA rules) then all 4 wheels need to be flapped to the comedy +40mm spec even on tarmac.

Rgds, Ade

I'm pretty sure that prodive said on Facebook that their N1WRC had the wrong rear spoiler on it and they would be replacing it. I'll try and find a link for those on Facebook.

Found it on their page but can't copy the link but here's the picture with the low level spoiler sitting on the mid level one.

ai7.photobucket.com_albums_y263_g7prs_Mobile_20Uploads_2014_09_IMG_124437631599615_zpsuddoheea.jpeg

At that point (98), the mid level hoop was available for use on group A cars from what I remember.

Now I have the homologation papers.........I can say with authority that the mid hoop spoiler was homologated on 01 DEC 1996

Also homologated for Group A on that date - 'sunroof' ie roof vent and 13:1 steering rack, both from the STi RA.

Rgds, Ade

Now I have the homologation papers.........I can say with authority that the mid hoop spoiler was homologated on 01 DEC 1996

Also homologated for Group A on that date - 'sunroof' ie roof vent and 13:1 steering rack, both from the STi RA.

Rgds, Ade
Does that mean I have to get my car correct!!! :p As I've been thinking for past year I need to get the lower one in my rear view mirror!

SUNSTAR UPDATE:
5506 McRae 1994 RAC: now available.
5507 Holowczyc Mobil: production starts this month - hopefully released in time for Christmas.
Models for 2015 release:
1996 Erikkson #2 Safari.
1996 B.Béguin #4 Monte Carlo.

I have suggested they do the Thiry/Winfield car and have forwarded your pics on. They are going to think about it but they like the fact its a tobacco livery...popular in Asian countries. I also said that car would be popular with their European customers.

Cheers
Ben

Would the Bernard Beguin one be mainly white...........that might tempt me into a third!

Rgds, Ade

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Events

Back