Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C V-Limited 2005

Resor77

Type RA Member
During this year (and with some help from my mates) i decided to keep my spec c.

What happend?
During a Time Attack Event last year i figured out that my vf36 makes noises which are beyond good.
So around September last year i removed the OEM VF36 Twinscroll and brought it to a company (STK in Hamm (near the river Sieg), Germany. They tested the vf36 and told me (what i kindly expected) my ball bearings are done and the compressor wheel was unbalanced.
So i ordered a new IHI VF36 for cheap ~2250€. Also ordered all necessary screws, nuts and seals which resulted in additionally ~200€.
After installing the new VF36 Turbo in January 2019 there were no leaks or anything so i went to a test drive in March. I dont have winter tyres and my Speccy isnt leaving the garage during winter. ;)
During the Test drive i noticed tha in my small map i had now ~1.5 Bar (before it was 1.35) and in my bigger Map i had 1.7Bar instead of the 1.45...

I went to a different Mapping company and they also discovered the difference in Boost Pressure.
They suspected that my old VF36 must have had a worn out wastegate which would explain why i have now more boost.
I decided went down to 98 Oktan (Super Plus). After 1 and a half year of driving on Aral Ultimate 102 i was sick of searching the next Aral Petrol station with Ultimate 102. :wasntme:
Also at the Mapping company i switched from my HKS Suction Kit to the OEM intake system.
Car runs great know with around ~310HP and no extras like Launch Control etc (which i only used once and never again...).

Next steps are on the list ;)

RA Graham

V-Limited Member
During this year (and with some help from my mates) i decided to keep my spec c.

What happend?
During a Time Attack Event last year i figured out that my vf36 makes noises which are beyond good.
So around September last year i removed the OEM VF36 Twinscroll and brought it to a company (STK in Hamm (near the river Sieg), Germany. They tested the vf36 and told me (what i kindly expected) my ball bearings are done and the compressor wheel was unbalanced.
So i ordered a new IHI VF36 for cheap ~2250€. Also ordered all necessary screws, nuts and seals which resulted in additionally ~200€.
After installing the new VF36 Turbo in January 2019 there were no leaks or anything so i went to a test drive in March. I dont have winter tyres and my Speccy isnt leaving the garage during winter. ;)
During the Test drive i noticed tha in my small map i had now ~1.5 Bar (before it was 1.35) and in my bigger Map i had 1.7Bar instead of the 1.45...

I went to a different Mapping company and they also discovered the difference in Boost Pressure.
They suspected that my old VF36 must have had a worn out wastegate which would explain why i have now more boost.
I decided went down to 98 Oktan (Super Plus). After 1 and a half year of driving on Aral Ultimate 102 i was sick of searching the next Aral Petrol station with Ultimate 102. :wasntme:
Also at the Mapping company i switched from my HKS Suction Kit to the OEM intake system.
Car runs great know with around ~310HP and no extras like Launch Control etc (which i only used once and never again...).

@Resor77 Who are you using for your mapping here in Germany ?.

cuili1

V-Limited Member

What happend?

That sounds like it’s all worked out nicely in the end. :thumb

Resor77

Type RA Member
Hello everyone :)

Some Updates following.

I decided to keep the car and waste more money on it :p

Since i have the car my gearbox/clutch makes noises and the clutch pedal felt weird.
I replaced the Clutch etc with the Competition Clutch Kit (500NM), you can see the pictures of the old ane attached. Was about time to swap it o_O
Also swapped the OEM Group N Gearbox mount to a new one, but looks like it was unnecessary.
I've discovered that the last owner in Japan installed PU-Bushings (at the Wheelbones etc).
Everythings looks very clean from underneath, didnt expect that.

Also wanted to swap the engine mounts, my mate had a look and said its not necessary. Got aftermarket Mounts already and they are still in good shape.

Next mod will be a track suspension. Already have it at home and waiting for the TÜV Certificate so i can install it and get the TÜV Approval. Will keep you guys updated.

IMG-20200625-WA0032.jpgIMG-20200625-WA0033.jpgIMG-20200625-WA0045.jpgIMG-20200625-WA0047.jpgIMG-20200625-WA0040.jpg