Seems like that my MY99 type r has 4.111 Transmission + dccd and 3.9 Rear diff.

1509joe

V-Limited Member
The transfer case looks like its been changed as does the rear plate with the drop gears in it. It looks like its probably of the that box but some one has swapped them over. When looking at your gearbox code it should already have 1/1 drop gears.
JDM Impreza WRX & WRX STi MY95TY752VB3FA3.4542.0621.4481.0880.8253.4161.0004.111

You can check your diffs through the drain/fill holes on both of your diffs with a torch and good eyesight :)

SirPaananen

Type RA Member
The transfer case looks like its been changed as does the rear plate with the drop gears in it. It looks like its probably of the that box but some one has swapped them over. When looking at your gearbox code it should already have 1/1 drop gears.
JDM Impreza WRX & WRX STi MY95TY752VB3FA3.4542.0621.4481.0880.8253.4161.0004.111

You can check your diffs through the drain/fill holes on both of your diffs with a torch and good eyesight :)
I'm really learning here and I might not get everything as English isn't my native language, but are you saying that Transfer case (Blue) is not "correct" (MY95) and the rear plate/Drop gears (Red) is what belongs to this car (Type R V5)? So as long I get right rear diff or change ratings from this one it should work as well but its not though as original one (TY754****)

Also I'm not any kind of mechanic so some things might go over my head.

Thanks every one for helping. Not easiest car to start my partnership with. I feel very stupid also lol

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20201027_122048_com.instagram.android_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20201027_122048_com.instagram.android_LI.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 6

1509joe

V-Limited Member
No the transfer case is the red piece the green piece looks like it possibly belonged to the blue piece. The red piece is the original. So to sum that up the transfer case (red piece) has been swapped from a viscous centre diff and the original tail piece which came with the doner box has been attached to the DCCD unit. As long as you have the correct 1.0/1 drop gears and your front and rear diffs are the same you should be ok.
On a side note both front and rear diffs should be 4.444 and on the crown wheel it should read 40:9 which you can see through the drain/fill plugs.

Last edited:

SirPaananen

Type RA Member
No the transfer case is the red piece the green piece looks like it possibly belonged to the blue piece. The red piece is the original. So to sum that up the transfer case (red piece) has been swapped from a viscous centre diff and the original tail piece which came with the doner box has been attached to the DCCD unit. As long as you have the correct 1.0/1 drop gears and your front and rear diffs are the same you should be ok.
On a side not both front and rear diffs should be 4.444 and on the crown wheel it should read 40:9 which you can see through the drain/fill plugs.
Thanks! Now it seems so much clearer!

SirPaananen

Type RA Member
I did not want to start another topic for this matter but anyone know what is the inside diameter of the ring gear from the R180 3.9 rear diff? It's possibly 110mm or 115mm. Seems like ppl have done ring gear and pinion swap from nissan to subaru to get it work as 4.111. But there are 2 different R180 in nissans where there is H and K Rings. H 110mm ja K 115mm

Edit. Nvm. This looks trickier than I thought. Maybe im going to swap transmission to something else... Does R180 and R160 rear driveshafts fit each other?

Last edited:

1509joe

V-Limited Member
I did not want to start another topic for this matter but anyone know what is the inside diameter of the ring gear from the R180 3.9 rear diff? It's possibly 110mm or 115mm. Seems like ppl have done ring gear and pinion swap from nissan to subaru to get it work as 4.111. But there are 2 different R180 in nissans where there is H and K Rings. H 110mm ja K 115mm

Edit. Nvm. This looks trickier than I thought. Maybe im going to swap transmission to something else... Does R180 and R160 rear driveshafts fit each other?
In short no for the shafts.