Rear brake pipe connection block

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza WRX Help & advice' started by Iain, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Iain

Iain Type RA Member

Hi All,

Although I've yet to try an official subaru dealer does anyone have any leads on the rear hard brake pipe connector block that sits under the chassis rail near the OSR wheel? Two hard brake pipes exit from under the rear seat, and mate to the NS and OS hard brake pipes via a little four way brass block.

Mine was really crusty and I destroyed it freeing the brake flares, but haven't found any type of replacement as yet, generic or oem.

Any leads would be appreciated :thumb

Cheers
    Iain

2. D413

D413 Type RA Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Iain

Iain Type RA Member

That's definitely the little fella I need. I think Subaru have got through more than their share of those over the years!
    Thanks for taking the time to search it out. I was kind of hopeful that a generic variation would be available for a few quid on eBay but it seems not.
    Cheers
    Iain

4. D413

D413 Type RA Member

So it seems. I don't think it is an essential part as it is just a break in the line, probably to prevent having to replace a line twice the length than needed but it's nice to keep it original I suppose.

No problem, happy to help. It kept me busy on another usual boring Friday night haha

Cheers ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. longsh07

longsh07 V-Limited Member

Looks like I'm going to have to tackle this job soon.
    Anyone know if the block is actually a 4 way block (2 in, 2 out) or if it is two individual channels (1 in, 1 out)?
    My guess would be the latter but I'm not in a position to check myself at the moment as I need the car running.

Thread over here https://www.ultimatesubaru.org/foru...lown-out-rear-brake-hard-lines-2004-forester/ suggested that when replacing you could join them inside the car to avoid issues in future. Seems like a good idea!

6. Iain

Iain Type RA Member

I’ve still not tackled this (!) but in the end I just bought two individual joiners which will suffice.
    As you say you could re-position them inside to avoid corrosion issues in future.
    Iain

7. longsh07

longsh07 V-Limited Member

Good to know, thanks Iain. I figured that was the right thing to do given the bolt through the middle would restrict and possible pathing between ports if it was a proper 4 way block,

8. benji

benji V-Limited Member

Glad this came up as part of my resto will include this bugger.