Race car / Rally car photo's

cuili1

V-Limited Member
I spotted that the original post did mention older cars. Sadly I wasn't old enough to photograph them in period, but there are strong retro rallycross series in both the UK and Europe, so a lot of my favourite classic rallycross cars can still be seen in action. Few faves...

My favourite retro rallycross car (and the car I have probably taken more pictures of than any other in recent years!) is "Rosie", the Ford RS200 owned by Pat Doran. Pat competed in this car in the 90's and early 00's, now it is used occasionally by Pat and his son Liam who drives the car a lot harder.
Those were the days. Great photo's :thumb

tbtstt

Type RA Member
Those were the days. Great photo's :thumb
Group B era rallycross is one of the first motorsports I can remember watching, still think it is incredible that what are considered to be such valuable cars now were treated like bangers!

Few of my fave Group B pictures:

tbtstt

Type RA Member
Been a long wait, but finally got to see some motorsport earlier in the month. Very fortunate to get an invite to cover the second and third rounds of the British Rallycross Championship at Lydden. Some bloody good machinery showed up as well...

Quite cool to think there is about 3000 BHP in this picture!