Race Altered MY00 STI RA Ltd no.1456/2000

Discussion in 'Impreza Restorations' started by Race Altered, May 21, 2018.

1. Race Altered

Race Altered V-Limited Member

28FED8BE-499A-4E5F-B6A8-3634382591FF.jpeg

Santa has arrived early :party: :rofl: :inlove:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Race Altered

Gearbox been tidied up, new drive shaft seals fitted, new upper transfer case gasket fitted,

E4188D86-9411-4329-BA71-0DB7CC2E31AF.jpeg

Fitted new rear crank main seal and replaced the old style plastic inspection plate with the upgraded metal one, the old style plate is very prone to splitting around the screw holes with the heat cycles, it’s definitely one to do it the box is out,

Fitting is straight forward, just remove old one,clean off old gasket material and I used wd40 contact cleaner to get surface spotless, put a thin film of three bond around the plate and fit into position, fit new style screws with plate as these are Allen key instead of old Phillips screw heads and much better to tighten these also come with there own tread lock already on them

Rear main seal I just drilled a 3mm hole and put in a screw through the old seal then pulled out with a pliers,cleaned surfaces and tapped in new seal with a flat piece of wood and small hammer

A8C1E5D3-337C-457D-B08E-247534D5BBC0.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Race Altered

After pulling off most parts from the car and blasting some bolts it was a no brainer to get the lot plated back to oem yellow zinc and boy am I glad I did they look fantastic

F21FF30D-C5CF-4E27-B7BE-7F684D73E4B1.jpeg

Also I made the big decision to powder coat after the shear time consuming process of blasting the parts, I tried it but my compressor just is not up to the speed needed and life is too short to spend days on end at the blaster, so here’s the results and I’m a happy man I’ve unrapped a few bits to inspect finish is epic I’m delighted with it,

For the purest oem spec enthusiasts sorry to disappoint you guys few items changed color :giggle:

158363FF-5775-445A-B6DF-26322DB64B24.jpeg

Schoolboy error warning below lol,I blasted the front and rear calipers,rears are aluminum and thought the fronts were just heavy cast but nope they are steel, washed in the bath to get all blasting grit out (misses went ballistic) and as soon as they start drying the surface rust began :lipssealed:

8A19AFE0-374C-4258-BB6E-481D00D3B85F.jpeg

71E86E32-2E31-4A0C-B826-CD635688E70F.jpeg

Back into the blasting unit,cleaned alcohol and primed, below is bare metal just out of the blast cabinet the second time :D:rofl:

90EE6A39-56BD-4BA8-B36E-38B756E7A065.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. benji

benji Type RA Member

Wicked going to look great.
    Sort the of thing I need t do but time/effort is agasint me ATM

5. PeteRA

PeteRA V-Limited Member

Awesome work so far, can’t wait to see this completed, love it. :thumb

6. Scotty75

Scotty75 V-Limited Member

Parts are looking:cool: great I better get ma finger out a post the bracket to you :)

7. Race Altered

It’s definitely time consuming and as you say a fair amount of effort needed

Thanks Pete I can’t wait to get the car back on the road

Haha Scotty it’s nearing the it’s gonna be put to use :thumb

8. Race Altered

@Scotty75 any idea of an eta on the bracket just so can line things up :thumb

9. Scotty75

Scotty75 V-Limited Member

Will try and get it posted tomorrow night when I finish work @Race Altered .

10. Race Altered

Package received pal much appreciated :bow