RA GC8 seatbelt issues

HennoRA

Type RA Member
Hi guys , we are having an issue on my brothers v2 RA gc8 with the seat belts . When you pull them out . You have to help them back in . And don’t tighten back up . There is connections under the seats that are not plugged in eithier

Also the central locking only works on the drivers door . And will not open the rest of the doors .
Any help would be brilliant

PeteRedRA

V-Limited Member
If you haven't already got fixed up with seat belts ? Have a new set here. Unfortunately no boxes
See Pic for Ref

Attachments

• 075.JPG
    075.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 076.JPG
    076.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 21

Sir MixALot

Type RA Member
Have you checked the fuses re: central locking. It could be the CL control unit (passenger footwell).

As for your seat belts, over time they accumulate body oils, which in turn attract dirt. I would inspect the seat belt adjuster/guide as that is where a build up of dirt will significantly reduce the retraction speed. Clean them first:

Belt1.jpgBelt2.jpg

Also check the retractors. If that doesn't solve your issue, the next step would be to clean the belts themselves. You'll need to pull the belts out and clamp them (you can use clothes pegs) to stop the belts retracting. Then clean using laundry detergent and a brush (going in the direction of the fabric). You can use white vinegar and baking soda too as they kill bacteria. Dry with a towel as you go along. Let them dry fully before allowing them to retract. You can use seat belt lubricant to help 'speed them up' too.

HennoRA

Type RA Member
Have you checked the fuses re: central locking. It could be the CL control unit (passenger footwell).

As for your seat belts, over time they accumulate body oils, which in turn attract dirt. I would inspect the seat belt adjuster/guide as that is where a build up of dirt will significantly reduce the retraction speed. Clean them first:

View attachment 114891View attachment 114892

Also check the retractors. If that doesn't solve your issue, the next step would be to clean the belts themselves. You'll need to pull the belts out and clamp them (you can use clothes pegs) to stop the belts retracting. Then clean using laundry detergent and a brush (going in the direction of the fabric). You can use white vinegar and baking soda too as they kill bacteria. Dry with a towel as you go along. Let them dry fully before allowing them to retract. You can use seat belt lubricant to help 'speed them up' too.
Brilliant thank you . We were having a little look and it does seem as there’s dirt in there .

as for the central locking maybe I explained incorrectly . After you unlock the car . The passenger and both rear doors lock themselves .

Sir MixALot

Type RA Member
Brilliant thank you . We were having a little look and it does seem as there’s dirt in there .

as for the central locking maybe I explained incorrectly . After you unlock the car . The passenger and both rear doors lock themselves .

Yes, any dirt will stop them retracting.

Hmm, strange. I would still check the CL control unit. Sometimes water damage can play havoc.
Check the wiring too. IIRC, the driver's door solenoid sends the signal to the CL unit and vice versa.

HennoRA

Type RA Member
Yes, any dirt will stop them retracting.

Hmm, strange. I would still check the CL control unit. Sometimes water damage can play havoc.
Check the wiring too. IIRC, the driver's door solenoid sends the signal to the CL unit and vice versa.
Ok awesome . A very last question for you while I think of . The car hasn’t been touched since imported BUT the company in the uk changed the speedo face to mph and didn’t leave the kmh one with the car . Where can one buy the proper piece for it to change it back

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Latest posts