1. V-Limited area

The information in this part of the site has taken years of work & many thousands of pounds to compile.

Please don't share this information on social media or other sites.

Prodrive Impreza 555 Group A Instagram Page

Discussion in 'Prodrive Impreza 555 Group A' started by Burnsie, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

Calling all fellow Prodrive Impreza 555 Group A followers, I have now created an Instagram page dedicated to the sharing photos and interesting information about the iconic car :bow

Surprisingly it’s called “Prodrive Impreza 555 Group A” so go on if your on IG give it a follow :thumb

Cheers,

Paul.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  3. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

Judging by the truck thats must be either S.Africa or the America's ??

4. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

I think it’s Nairobi and 1996 Safari Rally and its either a test car or a 555 car before it donned a works number plate perhaps either N1WRC, N555WRC or M555STE that entered the rally that year? :nerd:

5. asperformance

Sort of makes sense, had a better look at the pix and should have seen the tribesman guys which would be S.Africa.......

Wonder why the 'ringer' plate ??

6. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

Its what they did with the team cars, they only had limited 555 number plates for the rally cars so they would transfer the plate over. The actual team cars used in the rallies were designated by the black Prodrive chassis plate i.e. PRO.STI.95.023 for example and the same number written on the Team Movement schedule.

It might also have been a Recce car, as you can imagine the Recce would have been very tough going, so the car would have no doubt been well specced up to cope with the distance and terrain. The photo below from McKlein is tagged with 'Recce' lol looks great fun :rock:.

102426_960405EAK+Safari_McRae_am.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. asperformance

Just like the powerstage or rally Sweden today..........:rofl:

I'm aware of them swapping plates around just seems odd for it not to be 'known' and normally pukka Recce stuff wasn't sponsored.....