1. V-Limited area

The information in this part of the site has taken years of work & many thousands of pounds to compile.

Please don't share this information on social media or other sites.

Prodrive Impreza 555 Group A General Discussion

Discussion in 'Prodrive Impreza 555 Group A' started by Burnsie, May 8, 2018.

1. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

I think 2.2 turns to lock. The GpA and WRC cars also use lock stops (item 5) to control the amount of lock required depending on wheel choice for example tarmac, Gravel or snow. This also helped prevent the driveshafts from popping out or snapping under full lock and hard acceleration in tight turns :nerd:

A390140A-5322-4EE3-9649-91EFA0284D77.png

2. L555BAE

L555BAE V-Limited Member

So they used a 13:1 steering rack then?
    Is there any way to find a list of road vehicles that were fitted with the 13:1 racks?

I didn’t know that about the locks but after saying it, it makes perfect sense.

3. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

GrpA cars didn't need a 'quick rack' anyhows as they were driven sideways mostly.......:giggle:

4. James Lowry

James Lowry V-Limited Member

I don't think so as i tried to look into this myself before. Part number for GC8 quickrack is 34110FA092

A STi RA is 13:1 and a WRX is 15:1 which isn't a lot in turns of number of turns!

5. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

The only way to do it would be to sort the cars by optioned quick rack & add them up. Not too big a job but a little bit time consuming. The only iffy ones would be the first STi RAs:thumb

I could probaby do it when I get chance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

GpA rack is different to road car, I’ll find out more :nerd:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

The early GpA racks were 2:2 same as 13:1 and the early WRC racks were quicker not sure exactly how much though, I think maybe 12:1 or 2:0. Both were made by STI as they use a Subaru seal kit. Later racks S7 onwards were made by Visteon.

4829E320-58B4-46FA-AE37-D34D8F2A84AE.jpeg

Photo taken from DL Motorsport parts website, one way of telling it’s a GpA / WRC rack is that the fluid inlets from the ps tank angle upwards.

ED98220C-F445-4697-A0BD-5989C0929400.jpeg

Photo of mine before I had it refurbished ;)

BA4032E1-0524-4F2C-82C5-874F5156A49C.jpeg

They are also numbered, here is a photo of mine, engraved with 97 02 an early WRC rack so I think it may have been originally used on P982YWL which then became P200ALL which was WRC car 97.02 :nerd:

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. L555BAE

L555BAE V-Limited Member

It was more to see what cars to go looking for one from or to fact check a seller when asking what car a rack came from.

Really good info!

9. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

Lol apologies I get a bit carried away if you haven’t already noticed :think:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

In that case I'd just need the VIN of the car:thumb

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1