Prodrive GC8 4 door Ex Recce / Gravel crew cars

Discussion in 'Prodrive Impreza 555 Group A' started by Burnsie, Oct 16, 2019.

1. James Lowry

James Lowry V-Limited Member

Spotted this on Facebook yesterday in the comments on Prodrive's announcement that they are setting up a restoration business to restore their old cars, "Prodrive Legends"

IMG_8480.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. GPA555

GPA555 Type RA Member

This car was Colins car “L555 BAT” for Monte Carlo and Tour d Corse 1995.
    I’ve heard it is being restored to original specification early next year❤️ 388E55D7-DF38-4954-BAB6-62E2F25DE64D.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Burnsie

Burnsie V-Limited Member

Hi @James Lowry i saw this on Instagram too :thumb I know Philippe and his car, I don’t know Pete but I am aware of his car. I’m not sure Prodrive will be too interested in restoring ex Recce/GpN cars but they probably would for £££’s :sweating:, I’m not sure they have any history on them now either but I may be wrong. With the rise in interest of the early GpA/WRC cars being restored and or replicated, I think they want a piece of the action. They will probably outsource a lot of the work as I thought a lot of the original drawings and documents were destroyed around 2009 by Subaru but again I may be wrong, you don’t know what they stashed away :mask: One thing I do know is that the value of the cars is definitely on the up! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1