Off i go to cause some imprezas a slow painful death...

FeeRA

WRX TYPE RA
Already started gritting? What are the temperatures?
My first run out was about 2 weeks ago, temp is 4.5⁰c here at the minute but it can works off ground temps too, think if the ground temp is 3⁰c or below we hit the tar (also if there's a weather warning, frost forecast or obviously ice/snow already on roads)

Nicktype r

Type RA Member
Here in southern Scotland it was 3 degrees this afternoon and gritters have been on the go here for probably a couple of weeks on and off but were first out end of October I think it was for one frost. They were late starting this year with the mild weather but can generally guarantee gritting in October round these parts so car goes into storage for last weekend in September as been caught out in the past.... and nothing worse than suddenly realising you are driving on salted roads in a car with no under seal, you can hear it pinging around the arches and along the sills.

FeeRA

WRX TYPE RA
Here in southern Scotland it was 3 degrees this afternoon and gritters have been on the go here for probably a couple of weeks on and off but were first out end of October I think it was for one frost. They were late starting this year with the mild weather but can generally guarantee gritting in October round these parts so car goes into storage for last weekend in September as been caught out in the past.... and nothing worse than suddenly realising you are driving on salted roads in a car with no under seal, you can hear it pinging around the arches and along the sills.
Yeah we go on standby mid October right through to mid March....

Nicktype r

Type RA Member
Sometimes get a bit carried away round here, they were gritting in 8 degrees a week or so ago and no frost forecast that night either, the roads are sometimes white with the stuff. I hate the stuff but with roads so busy it’s a necessary evil I suppose.
I take it the GM2 is adjustable for a heavier dose in severe conditions ?

FeeRA

WRX TYPE RA
Sometimes get a bit carried away round here, they were gritting in 8 degrees a week or so ago and no frost forecast that night either, the roads are sometimes white with the stuff. I hate the stuff but with roads so busy it’s a necessary evil I suppose.
I take it the GM2 is adjustable for a heavier dose in severe conditions ?
Yeah you adjust the gm2 to what you told to spread, 20 gramms per square meter is the spread tonight, very rare its over that more often than not its 20mg2