New Tyre help.

53R

GDB GC8 GF8 SF5
I've had this misunderstanding before with 2pot but I get what he means now which I didn't before. When I'm doing 64 say in my trusty daily my sat nav always shows 60 as does my AVCR in the Subaru. Even though the larger tyre in stated terms pulls 60 to 56 in reality in exact terms it's corrected the inherent over reading most cars seem to do. Make of that what you will but it's an acceptable tolerance. :) the numbers are illustrative not calculated btw :D

johnfelstead

Type RA Member
Sidenote, whta is the average time you guys change ?
I do it every 5 years max.
My previous set of Goodyears developed a vibration on high speeds.
After checking everything it were the carcasses of the tires that became wobbly.
Nothing to see if they were fitted on rims onto my car, but if you pull off the tyre you clearly could see the inside of the contact surface wobbling/flat spots.

The tyre shop told me then it was common from time to time, specially when driving on track or trashing on roundabouts or keep your car standing for a long time etc. Tires do have a limited lifespan.

Keeping your car garaged for a longer period does not help either.
Don't know if it is me alone but every time I go out for a drive (sometimes after 3-4 weeks garaged), you really can feel the tyre hopping on the flat surface they developed just from standing.
Mine never get the chance to age normally, with the AD08's i tended to get 18 months road use out of them before they were on the wear limit marks.
I've had the PS4 on for a year now, but only done 1.5K miles due to this crappy pandemic, so cant comment on wear yet.

Burt2000

V-Limited Member
Let us know the price Benji, I think they are about £100 a corner for 16’s

Burt2000

V-Limited Member
Due to not wanting a 55 side wall profile I’m thinking now to go with the Yokohama advan neova ad08. Reading reviews they seem to be one of the grippiest tyres out there for dry roads. The nankang Ns2r are also getting very good reviews and are about £70 a corner for 16’s. Some even saying they prefer them over the yokos and the likes of Michelin ps or eagle f1 for dry grip and less sidewall flex

Last edited:

benji

V-Limited Member
Due to not wanting a 55 side wall profile I’m thinking now to go with the Yokohama advan neova ad08. Reading reviews they seem to be one of the grippiest tyres out there for dry roads. The nankang Ns2r are also getting very good reviews and are about £70 a corner for 16’s. Some even saying they prefer them over the yokos and the likes of Michelin ps or eagle f1 for dry grip and less sidewall flex
The new style AD08 are not meant to be as good,