New to the Site, in search of a version 6 Type R

Discussion in 'New member welcomes' started by 16vKarlos, Apr 15, 2019.

1. 16vKarlos

16vKarlos Type RA Member

Hello all...

Long time Impreza fanboy, but never managed to get myself into one!

My old man imported N374 PYJ in 2003/04 and later sold that on to my cousin.

He later had the itch for another so purchased W746 RNF in 2007

Please excuse the picture quality I took them on a very old phone way back when.

D500DEFA-4C2C-47E0-9515-0F1D1DCD34D4.jpeg

916C25D3-C775-446D-B29B-E08DD8966BFA.jpeg

For around 2 years 2006 - 2008 aged 16 to 18, I was hooked! As you can imagine, at 18 it wasn’t possible to get into either of these cars, so I was constantly a passenger.

I spent many occasions out with the “SussexScoobies” crew around that time, with many photos from the events around that era and I’ve got footage from a rolling road event at Surrey rolling road...

Anyway, long story made a little shorter.... this time next year, I’ll be selling up my 172 track car to make some space in the lock up for the car I’ve always wanted in the garage! Hopefully a classic shape type R!

I’ll be scouring the forum for hints and tips and updating myself on the specs etc. But I’ll be around for a while.

You may know 20vKarlos or 16vKarlos (ME) from many forums, the main ones being DetailingWorld, ClioSport, Instagram and there are a few others.

All the best

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Welcome @16vKarlos
    Good luck with the search:thumb

3. 16vKarlos

16vKarlos Type RA Member

Thanks @type-ra ...I somehow managed to upload this thread before I’d finished it, but I’m in no rush.

I’ve waited years to get into a classic Impreza and with prices going the way they have been over the past 5 years, I may need to wait a few more, however, I’ve got the space in the Garage, so if one comes along in the right condition, I’ll seriously consider it

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bizz

Bizz V-Limited Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. 16vKarlos

16vKarlos Type RA Member

6. cuili1

cuili1 V-Limited Member

Welcome along and good luck with your search.

• Like Like x 1
  7. V3 type r

V3 type r V-Limited Member

Welcome @16vKarlos have you looked into importing?

8. PeteRA

PeteRA No1 Graham Norton show attender

9. 16vKarlos

16vKarlos Type RA Member

Thanks mate :thumb

I frequent on JDM Watch but over the past few years, from what I’ve seen, importing a decent car has gone ridiculously expensive.
    I said to my wife, if I don’t manage to find a decent car here, I will learn the basics of the language and go to Japan myself :giggle:

Thanks Pete :thumb

• Like Like x 1
  10. Race Altered

Race Altered V-Limited Member

Welcome to the forum @16vKarlos hope your search goes well, the clean v6 type R are making good money these days and going upwards but you will get great help on here when needed :thumb

• Like Like x 1