New to the Forum, a bit of background and my V4 STI Type R.

b20sx

Type RA Member
Hello All,

I am a member of the msoc forum from the East Midlands area (UK) and found this website very helpful, especially after finding how much information you get from it. Previously I have had Nissan 200sx's, a Toyota MR2 Turbo and a RS Turbo. I spent a fortune on my Nissan 200sx S14 and didn't really get the enjoyment out of it I should have due to various bits of poor workmanship. I spent a good few years without a second weekend car due to being disheartened and out of pocket due my past experience. However last year I got the bug again and looked at various marques. I didn't have a mega budget but found a Subaru Impreza bugeye WRX. It was a clean car and was owned by a gentleman on the msoc forum, I only had it a few weeks and it didn't give me the buzz I had hoped. I then decided to look for something a bit more unique and sought after and stumbled across the Impreza Type R. I immediatley fell in love with the look of it and read various write ups and saw some cracking examples at the regular msoc meets. I managed to sell my bugeye WRX quickly at a very minor loss and started looking for a Type R. I scoured ebay for about a month day after day and then found a Type R located in Abergele Wales.

The Type R had been owned by the seller for 8 years and over that time he had spent in the region of 17k on it. It has had a few owners but had a very low mileage of 60000 miles, and was running a safe 321bhp due to a map by Steve Simpson. He was a really decent seller and I spoke with him for about 3 days in a row and was sent various videos, photos and pictures of the extensive receipts. I was more or less hooked on getting the car so I took a one way trip to Abergele and when I arrived I wasn't dissapointed. The car drove awesomely, sounded amazing and scared me to death! LOL! The seller was devastated to let the car go and was only selling due to a major house renovation. He even followed me to the shell garage after the cash exchange to get one last glimpse of it! The car drove like a dream on the way home and I find the Type R such a fun, fast and tight car to drive!

Due to my past experience my plans are to just maintain this car and use it purely as a fun weekend car. Since owning it I have had some pro sport gauges installed in a POD, however I have now sourced some DEFI gauges and these are being installed next week. It has been serviced twice, had new wheel nuts and has had new grooved and drilled discs installed all round. In the next few weeks it is having some paint work done (arches treated) and a fresh underseal will be done before winter arrives, also the alloys will be painted again due to some minor blemishes here and there. I also need to get the Inlet Manifold painted again due to someone using the wrong paint on it. It just passed its MOT and only advisory was the brake discs!

It really has been a fab car and it gives me a big grin everytime I drive it! The only time the car has let me down is due to a radiator failing which was quickly rectified, this asdie it has been a great car.

Below is some of the modifications and bits on the car and some pics.

Spec:
321bhp @ 1.4bar mapped by Steve Simpson at Group B Motorsport
RCM Uprated Fuel Pump
VF34 Turbo Charger
Performance up and down pipe
Blitz Nur Spec Full Exhaust system (Decatted)
Gold Billet Fuel Injector Rails with uprated injectors
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Pace FMIC and New Custom Radiator & Spal Fans (Rare setup-Short Pipework+no cutting anywhere!)
Blitz Induction Kit
Re-Circ Dump Valve
STI Ignition Leads
Brembo Front and Rear Calipers with the Master Cylinder of a newage STI
Drilled and Grooved Discs all round
Powerflex Polyurethane bushes underneath
Bilstein STI Shock Absorbers & Tein Lowering Springs
H4 Slimline 6000k HID Kit
DEFI Gauges in a Triple Pillar Dash Pod and a D1 spec boost gauge
18" Rota Lightweight wheels in Graphite Gray with Toyo Tyres all round
Genuine Subaru Rear Diffuser
Genuine Aluminium door sill plates

ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_20160716_180952.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_20160716_180936.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_IMG_20160705_WA0016.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_IMG_20160710_WA0020.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_20160716_181019.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_IMG_20160705_WA0008.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_20161022_140223.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_20170413_184115.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_IMG_20160705_WA0012.jpg
ai104.photobucket.com_albums_m198_b20sx_20160807_204601.jpg

Thanks for reading.
Steve

Hello All,

I am a member of the msoc forum from the East Midlands area (UK) and found this website very helpful, especially after finding how much information you get from it. Previously I have had Nissan 200sx's, a Toyota MR2 Turbo and a RS Turbo. I spent a fortune on my Nissan 200sx S14 and didn't really get the enjoyment out of it I should have due to various bits of poor workmanship. I spent a good few years without a second weekend car due to being disheartened and out of pocket due my past experience. However last year I got the bug again and looked at various marques. I didn't have a mega budget but found a Subaru Impreza bugeye WRX. It was a clean car and was owned by a gentleman on the msoc forum, I only had it a few weeks and it didn't give me the buzz I had hoped. I then decided to look for something a bit more unique and sought after and stumbled across the Impreza Type R. I immediatley fell in love with the look of it and read various write ups and saw some cracking examples at the regular msoc meets. I managed to sell my bugeye WRX quickly at a very minor loss and started looking for a Type R. I scoured ebay for about a month day after day and then found a Type R located in Abergele Wales.

The Type R had been owned by the seller for 8 years and over that time he had spent in the region of 17k on it. It has had a few owners but had a very low mileage of 60000 miles, and was running a safe 321bhp due to a map by Steve Simpson. He was a really decent seller and I spoke with him for about 3 days in a row and was sent various videos, photos and pictures of the extensive receipts. I was more or less hooked on getting the car so I took a one way trip to Abergele and when I arrived I wasn't dissapointed. The car drove awesomely, sounded amazing and scared me to death! LOL! The seller was devastated to let the car go and was only selling due to a major house renovation. He even followed me to the shell garage after the cash exchange to get one last glimpse of it! The car drove like a dream on the way home and I find the Type R such a fun, fast and tight car to drive!

Due to my past experience my plans are to just maintain this car and use it purely as a fun weekend car. Since owning it I have had some pro sport gauges installed in a POD, however I have now sourced some DEFI gauges and these are being installed next week. It has been serviced twice, had new wheel nuts and has had new grooved and drilled discs installed all round. In the next few weeks it is having some paint work done (arches treated) and a fresh underseal will be done before winter arrives, also the alloys will be painted again due to some minor blemishes here and there. I also need to get the Inlet Manifold painted again due to someone using the wrong paint on it. It just passed its MOT and only advisory was the brake discs!

It really has been a fab car and it gives me a big grin everytime I drive it! The only time the car has let me down is due to a radiator failing which was quickly rectified, this asdie it has been a great car.

Below is some of the modifications and bits on the car and some pics.

Spec:
321bhp @ 1.4bar mapped by Steve Simpson at Group B Motorsport
RCM Uprated Fuel Pump
VF34 Turbo Charger
Performance up and down pipe
Blitz Nur Spec Full Exhaust system (Decatted)
Gold Billet Fuel Injector Rails with uprated injectors
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Pace FMIC and New Custom Radiator & Spal Fans (Rare setup-Short Pipework+no cutting anywhere!)
Blitz Induction Kit
Re-Circ Dump Valve
STI Ignition Leads
Brembo Front and Rear Calipers with the Master Cylinder of a newage STI
Drilled and Grooved Discs all round
Powerflex Polyurethane bushes underneath
Bilstein STI Shock Absorbers & Tein Lowering Springs
H4 Slimline 6000k HID Kit
DEFI Gauges in a Triple Pillar Dash Pod and a D1 spec boost gauge
18" Rota Lightweight wheels in Graphite Gray with Toyo Tyres all round
Genuine Subaru Rear Diffuser
Genuine Aluminium door sill plates

View attachment 56697
View attachment 56698
View attachment 56699
View attachment 56700
View attachment 56701
View attachment 56702
View attachment 56703
View attachment 56704
View attachment 56705
View attachment 56706

Thanks for reading.
Steve
Welcome Steve @b20sx :thumb

Looks like a very nice example, thanks for the pics and info.

Dean

I always thought it was a version 5 but when typing the VIN plate number it shows its a V4. Looks must have been done by a previous owner at some point but still looks the part for me! :thumb

Welcome @b20sx
Beautiful TypeR :inlove:

Hi and welcome.
Like you, i had a facelift model Nissan 200SX S14 Turbo for a while
some years ago. In a word.... disappointing.
Like the Ford Probe and Hyundai Coupe, all looks and no grunt!
The Soobie is a far better bet, far better.
I always have a big grin on my face when
behind the wheel of my V6 Sti. :inlove::thumb

CAR VX - Japan’s First Vehicle History Reports Service

Events

Back