New Member - RallyCar Owner!

It really looks nice with the Winfield inspired colour scheme. I also like you tend to keep it fairly true to the original. Personally, I would sort the Prodrive decals for more period correct ones (it looks shite on all the cars I have come across).
Have a question, have GrN Prodrive spec been fitted with ATL fuel cell in the trunk?
Yes, they had a safety tank built in as an option. This one does not seem to, however.

Bit of an update for you all!

Managed to get a few rallies done in the car, as it’s a Subaru we’ve had some problems…

Keep having exhaust gasket failures on the manifolds/turbo but this seems to be fixed now.

Another issue but somewhat our own fault, we keep having brake failure/long pedal. Due to using the original 4 pots (to fit under 15” wheels) the car is very under braked. We’ve now switched to Carbone Lorraine RC8 pads and hoping this will get the car stopped.

Unfortunately the engine let go a few weeks back so a new CDB forged and built engine is on the way.

Once the new engine is built and running I will post an update!

Also is this the best place to update? I’m going to record my work/using the car and share it with you all!

Attachments

• JMSPhotographic_7337.jpeg
    JMSPhotographic_7337.jpeg
    701.4 KB · Views: 40
  • JMSPhotographic_6222.jpeg
    JMSPhotographic_6222.jpeg
    624.2 KB · Views: 40
  • JMSPhotographic_6229.jpeg
    JMSPhotographic_6229.jpeg
    731 KB · Views: 39
  • JMSPhotographic_4594.jpeg
    JMSPhotographic_4594.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • JMSPhotographic_6772.jpeg
    JMSPhotographic_6772.jpeg
    519.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3360.jpeg
    IMG_3360.jpeg
    623.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2943.jpeg
    IMG_2943.jpeg
    611.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg
    688.9 KB · Views: 35
  • D9C2A446-6C8C-42D9-A902-B82751B4608A.jpeg
    D9C2A446-6C8C-42D9-A902-B82751B4608A.jpeg
    887.6 KB · Views: 41
Also is this the best place to update? I’m going to record my work/using the car and share it with you all!
Maybe start a new thread here called something like "Building my Rally Car"

I look forward to seeing your progress........ :)

Managed to get a few rallies done in the car, as it’s a Subaru we’ve had some problems…

Keep having exhaust gasket failures on the manifolds/turbo but this seems to be fixed now.

Another issue but somewhat our own fault, we keep having brake failure/long pedal. Due to using the original 4 pots (to fit under 15” wheels) the car is very under braked. We’ve now switched to Carbone Lorraine RC8 pads and hoping this will get the car stopped.

Unfortunately the engine let go a few weeks back so a new CDB forged and built engine is on the way.

Great stuff!
If you are recording/sharing then a build thread is probably the best bet. Let me know when you are ready and I can move the posts to your build thread :thumb

I know of lads with issues of splitting manifolds etc. too seems to be down to back pressures through the system?

Have similar with my brakes and have gotten RC5+ pads but I'm on gravel so RC8 might be a bit hard?

What let go in the engine?

Also would be keen to see how you have all the lamp pods wired as I have got the same but not fitted yet.

I know of lads with issues of splitting manifolds etc. too seems to be down to back pressures through the system?

Have similar with my brakes and have gotten RC5+ pads but I'm on gravel so RC8 might be a bit hard?

What let go in the engine?

Also would be keen to see how you have all the lamp pods wired as I have got the same but not fitted yet.
I think the gaskets we had were not up to being red hot then cold from water splashes etc. new multilayer steel gaskets seem to have fixed it.

RC5+ I had and like you was recommended them on gravel, they were good but just not up to tarmac braking. Yet to try the RC8 but I’m told it’s best money can buy for my caliper.

Not opened the engine yet just took it out for the new one but looks like it’s hydrolocked (so I assume headgasket or cylinder wall has gone).

Will get some photos of the lamps, each side is wired to a relay powered off the alternator then switched earth inside the car.

Back