New ish north west bugeye wagon owner

Anthonymcgrath

Type RA Member
Welcome to Type-RA!

the EJ207 likely will take 400 given its new. The gearbox, if it’s the original 5 speed won’t like that much power.
Yup that's kinda what I was told. I had the heads reconditioned and cleaned up.. they were ok overall but decided to be sure. They had a tiny skim.. so I fitted a 0.8mm cosworth head gasket kit and arp studs too so its a bit stronger but i would say my comp ratio is about the same given the oem gaskets are 0.7mm from what I've read up. Anyway it feels nice to drive.. turbo is touch laggy compared to skylines and dual ball bearing turbos i used to run but I dont mind.. the other thing got me into more trouble than not haha!
I think right now it makes 13psi slowly making it's way to 1bar.. a few more psi and I'll be happy with it. Plans are 356mm k sport 8 pots kit and some whiteline goodies to help it out a little more

Anthonymcgrath

Type RA Member
Yeah. The larger engine capacity of the Nissans will have meant much more low down torque and quicker spool.
I dare say Alyn @asperformance will be able to help you out with suitable parts.
Yeah agreed.

I imagine the 2.5 subarus are pretty torquey then? But then I've heard around that those engines are great? That can't be true surely.. or do they need alot of work to take more shunt?

LewisScoob

V-Limited Member
Yeah, the 2.5’s are a fair bit torquier and are also well known for failing. HG’s and rings being fairly common. I wouldn’t be buying one that’s not been rebuilt by a reputable builder.

Anthonymcgrath

Type RA Member
Yeah, the 2.5’s are a fair bit torquier and are also well known for failing. HG’s and rings being fairly common. I wouldn’t be buying one that’s not been rebuilt by a reputable builder.
Interesting stuff that. Strange they are prone to failing from factory... so with the 2.5 is it essentially the 207 block but bored out more or is it actually a slightly bigger block ?