MY96 STI 555 w/ a couple of questions

Shanman89

V-Limited Member
Hello all! This is my first post and as the title suggests I have been doing much research (starting to appreciate my car more and more) on my MY96 STI 555 but am still stumped on a couple things specifically
1)V-limited 215/1000 and Type RA decals on a GC8C4ED vin code. Want to make sure the car is not being an imposter!!
2) CDB for a EJ20GDWPE. I read that this is the open deck block however I have the waffle pattern on the block.
3) Is the date on the seatbelt a good date to go by for manufacturing date? It says 9/95, but read the 555’s weren’t manufactured until 10/95
4)Anything Cusco come on car stock? I have a decal on the back and am not sure if it belongs there, again I hate imposter stickers.
5) Was the intake manifold painted red on this specific make and model? If so does anyone know the paint code or color so it can be resprayed. I’m afraid mine if from the factory has been completely stripped off.

I am not trying to do a total nut and bolt restore on the car but am trying to get the car as clean as it near originally came from factory
Thank youB7AF8C05-A36A-47EF-AF92-09B0D1EFECFC.jpeg67BF9398-7A6A-4751-8613-209FF7512F3C.jpeg71E49349-ACE4-4CB6-8966-C89BFB8F9F74.jpeg

type-ra

Administrator
Hello all! This is my first post and as the title suggests I have been doing much research (starting to appreciate my car more and more) on my MY96 STI 555 but am still stumped on a couple things specifically
1)V-limited 215/1000 and Type RA decals on a GC8C4ED vin code. Want to make sure the car is not being an imposter!!
2) CDB for a EJ20GDWPE. I read that this is the open deck block however I have the waffle pattern on the block.
3) Is the date on the seatbelt a good date to go by for manufacturing date? It says 9/95, but read the 555’s weren’t manufactured until 10/95
4)Anything Cusco come on car stock? I have a decal on the back and am not sure if it belongs there, again I hate imposter stickers.
5) Was the intake manifold painted red on this specific make and model? If so does anyone know the paint code or color so it can be resprayed. I’m afraid mine if from the factory has been completely stripped off.

I am not trying to do a total nut and bolt restore on the car but am trying to get the car as clean as it near originally came from factory
Thank you
Have a look in here: https://www.type-ra.com/subaru-forum/forums/my96.112/
The original brochure and translations are in there :thumb
Looks like the RA badge and the 215/1000 have been added from a different car. These were 500 sedans and not numbered.
This should be open deck. Those markings are not always the indicator they were once thought to be.
Nothing Cusco as standard on these.
Manifold should be red. @PeteRA recently had his manifold painted by @Ali burrows motorsport and I think @asperformance does them too.