MY 06 specs

phil5555

Type RA Member
Hi Phil,

Not sure I can add much as I've only had mine a coupe of weeks.

Mine has/had the sticky dash issue. The center console, clock surround and dash vent surround was all nasty and sticky. I was going to get a S204 kit but £400+ seemed a bit steep so bought 2nd hand parts and sprayed them matt black. Looks much better.
Thanks very much.

I will bear that in mind when I am asking questions etc.

Cheers,

Phil

Suberman

Hi all, just reading through some old info.

I am looking at potentially getting a Hawkeye Spec C RA.

For those who still own one, what are they like to live with?

Any particular common issues to look out for when viewing/buying etc please?

Regards,

Phil
Hello Phil,

IMO, It really depends on what you’re used to and what cars are you comparing it to.

They are definitely way more raw and direct and with a certain mechanical feel and weight to the controls especially when comparing with modern post 2010 model year cars.

You can certainly live with one if you can accept a fair bit of road and drivetrain noise. From the factory, There is no underseal and boot carpets and the stereo is a joke. The suspension is quite stiff and a bit crashy but you soon appreciate it when you start pushing it hard on a smooth twisty bit of tarmac. On the flip side, the car is absolutely reliable if it has not been modified by a backyard mechanic. The EJ207 and 6 speed box are both very good.

They fantastic cars if you understand they are competition base cars.

From that perspective you will understand why they are they way they are.

Look out for rust along the sills and jacking points, knocking rear struts, and signs of accident damage as they are often driven enthusiastically.

I suggest posting up some pics if possible, it'll help us comment on the car.

HTH.

Cheers
Errol

phil5555

Type RA Member
Hello Phil,

IMO, It really depends on what you’re used to and what cars are you comparing it to.

They are definitely way more raw and direct and with a certain mechanical feel and weight to the controls especially when comparing with modern post 2010 model year cars.

You can certainly live with one if you can accept a fair bit of road and drivetrain noise. From the factory, There is no underseal and boot carpets and the stereo is a joke. The suspension is quite stiff and a bit crashy but you soon appreciate it when you start pushing it hard on a smooth twisty bit of tarmac. On the flip side, the car is absolutely reliable if it has not been modified by a backyard mechanic. The EJ207 and 6 speed box are both very good.

They fantastic cars if you understand they are competition base cars.

From that perspective you will understand why they are they way they are.

Look out for rust along the sills and jacking points, knocking rear struts, and signs of accident damage as they are often driven enthusiastically.

I suggest posting up some pics if possible, it'll help us comment on the car.

HTH.

Cheers
Errol

Thanks for the info Errol.

I have owned a 2003 (MY04) WRX STI V-Limited and a V4 WRX STI type R in the past so have some experience with how they drive.

The car in question is for sale on the forum.

I have had a few email chats with the owner, Michael and it appears to be a good all round example and is std barring a K&N panel filter and remap by Bob Rawle.

Regards,

Phil

Suberman

Thanks for the info Errol.

I have owned a 2003 (MY04) WRX STI V-Limited and a V4 WRX STI type R in the past so have some experience with how they drive.

The car in question is for sale on the forum.

I have had a few email chats with the owner, Michael and it appears to be a good all round example and is std barring a K&N panel filter and remap by Bob Rawle.

Regards,

Phil
Looks like a nice example there Phil.

Looking forward to pics and updates when you’ve taken over it. :thumb