lunacy?

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by Chris__p, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Chris__p

Chris__p V-Limited Member

Screenshot_20190713-201821_Chrome.jpg
    McRae sold for an obscene amount in my eyes, the other sold for over 6k

• Like Like x 2
  2. Artyscoob

Artyscoob V-Limited Member

Perhaps the mileage of 9719 on the Series McRae was the reason @Chris__p

3. PeteRA

PeteRA love everything GC8

I personally think it's great news. :thumb

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Beakster

Beakster V-Limited Member

Also renember these cars had no keys and had not been heard running. They could have a seized engine.

5. Chris__p

Chris__p V-Limited Member

Yes, needed complete recommissioning and it would seem not been on the road since before the electronic mot system.
    I'd love to see what sort of state it was in underneath, engine bay didnt look great

6. Beakster

Beakster V-Limited Member

I reckon that if you spent 7.5k on it getting it tip top, as long as there’s nothing nasty hidden away rust or mechanically I reckon you’d have a good car indeed for 25k. In 5 years time it’ll look a very good investment. It’s a show car not a user, keep the mileage like that and you’ll be on to a winner.
    But what do I know, I thought it would go for about £4,000!

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Paul92

Paul92 V-Limited Member

Down here the rare GT Stars 25 edition in perfect condition will probably do 2/3 of that.
    Don't even mind the prè facelift GT 555 edition.

It all comes down on what value people attach to these cars and what they are prepared to pay for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

I think, in the UK people still remember 2008/9/10 when there were lots of cars for sale & no buyers.
    Now it's reversed. No cars & plenty of buyers.
    Some buy because they love the cars, had one years ago & regret selling it, always wanted one but couldn't afford to buy/run/insure it, had a young family so needed something more practical etc. Now we have the investors/collectors/speculators added to the mix so the prices are bound to increase. Add to this the age of the cars & the amount rusted away and, or broken up & the price rises are inevitable IMO.
    I've never seen the appeal of the Series McRae, but I do appreciate that many people do. How many good ones come up for sale now?
    I think I've even bored myself now........

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hct

hct 1995 WRX RA STI

Because of low interest rates it is not profitable to put your money in the bank. So people that do have money starting to look else were
    And they're investing too get a return on there money not for the love of the car/hobby

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. sc86

sc86 V-Limited Member

where were these advertised?