LOW MILAGE GC8 FUEL PUMP CONDITION

Sir MixALot

Type RA Member
your right, modern fuels do degrade quickly, we remove the race fuel from the WRC cars ASAP if they are to "stand", this particular road car was stood in Hong Kong for a number of years, it may of had fuel sitting in the tank over this period that caused the above images, we will never know

Indeed. Good thing you inspected the pump and tank. You could have a fuel sample tested to determine the age but that's probably taking things too far.

Petrol in a sealed container is good for 1 year in a none sealed container 6 months

Yes but as I said, what if it is many years old? I suppose the best way would be to keep the tank brimmed and when needed, drain the fuel to use in the lawnmower and put fresh fuel in the car's tank for the fire-up but doing that would become tedious :)

RA Graham

V-Limited Member
Indeed. Good thing you inspected the pump and tank. You could have a fuel sample tested to determine the age but that's probably taking things too far.

Yes but as I said, what if it is many years old? I suppose the best way would be to keep the tank brimmed and when needed, drain the fuel to use in the lawnmower and put fresh fuel in the car's tank for the fire-up but doing that would become tedious :)
You must have a very big garden or mow it 2 times every day to go through 60L of petrol :D
and poor little grass mowers also like fresh petrol and not some old scabby fuel out of GC8 :p
be nice to your mowers :D

Splitbox

Honorary Member
You must have a very big garden or mow it 2 times every day to go through 60L of petrol :D
and poor little grass mowers also like fresh petrol and not some old scabby fuel out of GC8 :p
be nice to your mowers :D
Run them on Sunoco supreme you have the grass cut in no time at all