Insurance valuation?

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza WRX Help & advice' started by Savage Bulldogs, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Savage Bulldogs

Savage Bulldogs V-Limited Member

I've owned my 94 sti for about 6 yrs and it was always my daily up till last year ,when it spent its first winter off the road to avoid the salty season.
    I decided to put it onto a classic car policy last year as I can use my no claims on the audi daily . This year they're asking for proof of value via "a club" in order to have agreed value .

Has anyone else come across this before and if so , how did you get a proof of value ?

It's a clean rust free 94 sti ,94k ,forged ,6 speed with a detailed custom bay ect .. so I don't want just the book price value (although they do seem to be going up in value atm).
    Thanks for any input in advance.
    Clive

2. PeteRA

PeteRA love everything GC8

Hi Clive,.

I had to do this procedure with one of my cosworths. I had to send pictures of the car and an RSOC member valued it for me in writing and I sent it all to them. Getting yours valued is a tough one because we have no person, Dean @type-ra maybe able to help you out.

Pete

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. cuili1

cuili1 V-Limited Member

Yes, I’m the same. Up until now I’ve got away with the garage that do the servicing of my Subaru’s giving me a written value, but for the Cosworth it needs to be a club.
    At my last renewal, they hinted that it may need to be a official club for the vacation next time!

I think it’s something that could be talked about within the club... IMO I also think that if someone or a couple of guys was to take on the job, there should be a small fee for getting it. Because it most likely will turn out to be quite time consuming.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Savage Bulldogs

Well at least I'm not the only one , looks like I might have to find a different classic car insurance company that does it's own valuation based on mod list and pics .
    It's a shame as fully comp ,breakdown ,£2k in spares insured on a 3k mile policy for just over £300 seems quite good

Any recommendations ,people's?

5. Savage Bulldogs

Just spoke to the insurance company and they've recommended someone who "values cars " .

They charge around £50 to £70 and the certificate is valid for 2yrs . so I thought I'd let you know the costing ,in case it's worth someone on here looking into taking it up .

I'll update you all with the outcome ,if I eventually get anywhere lol

• Like Like x 3
  6. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

We've done insurance valuations for years, but it's hidden in V-Limited. It seems to work out well but no one has had a claim as yet so I can't tell you wether the insurance companies actually stick to their end of the deal!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Savage Bulldogs

I did I search for "valuations "and "insurance" on here and it didn't come up , will admit I haven't looked in the vlimited bit as I don't own one .

I'd sooner support the forum and use your assessor ,obviously .:thumb
    How do I find out the cost and if the vlimited valuation is accepted by my insurer , "RH classic " or "ERS".

8. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

Sorry, I've just seen your reply. PM me the details & I'll sort it:thumb

• Like Like x 1
  9. Savage Bulldogs

Thanks and Pm'd back :thumb