IACV sensor warning

Manxbelly

V-Limited Member
Getting this showing on CEL , took out and cleaned sensor , carried on showing on CEL even though idling is sweet so replaced idle control valve sensor with genuine subaru one (£300) but still lit up CEL tonight . Whats my next move chaps ? Thanks

1509joe

V-Limited Member
Just seen on your other thread it's a v6 clean your maf or replace. Renown for causing problems on the v5/6

Manxbelly

V-Limited Member
Any codes now.
I fitted maf and new iacv sensor a few weeks ago and cel has been on since . Throttle body waa removed and cleaned yesterday . Took it for a spin and cel came on briefly again . Funny thing is the garage that cleaned throttle body plug scanner in and no codes were showing but it's only when I plug the two connectors together under dash that I can read which cel code it is .

Savage Bulldogs

V-Limited Member
Could try checking the icv pipework that draws air from the intake tract hasn't got any splits/leaks . Also that the engine loom multi plug pins (by the battery) are making a good contact and free from corrosion.

Do you know if the new icv was set up at the correct voltage when fitted ?

As I'm unsure if a new one would be set at the correct voltage outta the box or whether it would need to be set to your car

Savage Bulldogs

V-Limited Member
Ah fair enough I've only worked on v1 to v4 and v7 , just thought it was worth a shout . As sensors often just get replaced because they're flagging a code , when they're often just seeing readings outside their parameters due to a leak or fault elsewhere