i am back in a 555

Discussion in 'Projects, modifications & how to guides' started by Tk1, Sep 25, 2014.

1. andrew_baran

andrew_baran Type RA Member

@mat84 I'm afraid a friend had already claimed them before i'd even replaced them! Wish i'd been more ruthless and put them on eBay - they seem to be quite rare and popular...

• Like Like x 1
  2. andrew_baran

Review so far - tyres are ACE. Taken a fair bit of arch rolling and wheel arch lining trimming, but totally worth it in my eyes. Car looks great, drives even better.

IMG_2519.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. agrabau

agrabau STI V2 555 and STI Version

What are everyone's thoughts on leaving the black side skirts off the car? I quite like it and might choose to do the same with mine when it's painted. Clips are still exposed but you can't have it all I suppose.

4. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

That's only gonna go one way on here:D
    No skirts FTW!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. agrabau

No kidding!? I honestly didn't think the black skirts looked great but I thought I was the only one.

Pfttt I'm not putting them back on.

• Like Like x 2
  6. type-ra

type-ra Administrator

@D6ale has the skirts off on his 555 & it looks great:thumb
    P1080569.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. andrew_baran

Whoever removed the skirts on my car just put some round trim grommets over the holes and painted them to match. They must be stuck in place somehow as they are still there!

I've never liked the skirts/spats, especially on the rear bumper. Much prefer the way it curves up without. Because rally car!

8. agrabau

Andrew if you get a chance can you post a close-up photo? I'd like to get it right the first time. Also- good point on the rear bumper too. Those spats have to go.