Group N Hayward & Scott 3” back box

Discussion in 'Imprezas & Impreza parts for sale' started by PeteRA, Dec 11, 2018.

1. funkyrimpler

funkyrimpler V-Limited Member

Yeah i need to hear one. My system was made by Scoobyclinic iirc, so it's not 'off the shelf'. There is no cat, but there is a resonator/silencer near the gearbox. It looks lovely, sounds great, but could do with more volume.

Attached Files:

2. funkyrimpler

• Like Like x 1
  3. funkyrimpler

4. funkyrimpler

The downside is that (imho) the rear pipe isn't very attractive. It seems too small and I'm not a fan of the slash cut. :mask:

5. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

Ahh yes ok I see with yours it's not exactly a massive silencer on the rear anyway but with it being bespoke I wonder if just a Group A box would fit...maybe not if they have changed the join length etc?
    Also you have the cutout/shape in your rear bumper to take a bigger tail pipe so not sure how it would sit, could be worth doing as we did on the VLtd and have the rear silencer removed but keep the centre resonator?

6. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

3" Graham Goode system turbo back, catless but with centre silencer and no rear silencer. This is also close to the Group A, bit noiser on full chat as it's even more raspy if thats the best way to describe.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. funkyrimpler

Bit rude that Kev... Nice

I measured mine earlier, and I've got a 3.5" pipe.

• Like Like x 1
  8. funkyrimpler

So this is the set up in your video then Kev?? Any problems with MOT etc?
    I'm wondering if it would look okay, or if my rear bumper would look at bit 'empty'?

9. Kev_STI

Kev_STI V-Limited Member

Yeah that's the setup on it at the moment but I keep a standard catted downpipe as a back up anyway. Handily the previous owner from 20+ years ago runs the garage where it's been serviced since so he looks after us really well.

I think a small tailpipe could be a bit lost on yours, might be worth just getting another smaller custom backbox built to your spec?

Apologies Pete, we are crashing your thread, didn't realise!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  10. funkyrimpler

oops..yes, sorry mate :blush: