1. V-Limited area

The information in this part of the site has taken years of work & many thousands of pounds to compile.

Please don't share this information on social media or other sites.

Group A car for sale in Australia

Discussion in 'Prodrive Impreza 555 Group A' started by Mad Max, Mar 11, 2020.

1. James Lowry

James Lowry V-Limited Member

Even if i wont the lotto I couldn't had over that much of it for that! He is off his rocker. But then again if you don't ask etc. etc.
    I'd say £250k max.

2. shanemc

shanemc V-Limited Member

Why does it have the L555 BAT reg on it does anyone know?

3. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

He’s put that on there because that’s the plate and the shell he’s claiming was allegedly used for the 1000 lakes rally in 1993. The car is also allegedly registered under L555STE.

4. splitbox40

splitbox40 mending me garage roof.......

so is this a genuine factory group A car with continuous history and correct provonence?

5. shanemc

shanemc V-Limited Member

Hmmm, he's def trying for the juggler with that price tag, as James Lowry said 250k sterling max for it...

6. sc86

sc86 V-Limited Member

10 cash here

• Like Like x 1
  7. Burnsie

Burnsie Moderator

Some of what he quotes is true and whilst there are a lot of Prodrive parts on the car there are so many non original parts on it plus there is doubt about the shell and whether it has a uk logbook? There is also no indication that Prodrive have been out to look at it and provided a report.

Have a close look through the photos on here if you can access FB:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2331128176937368&id=125155847534623&_rdr

Also here are photos of the cars engine bay on display freshly built before there debut at 1993 1000 Lakes Rally:

C072E635-20C1-4D49-BE46-F18C7E66DC3D.jpeg

644463B1-F460-4433-9B70-92F1028C33C5.jpeg

Here is a photo in service.

E3D586F1-5844-4C30-A20C-E7A285F51F15.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong it’s probably very unrealistic to compare the car to when it was allegedly first built as it was the best part of 30 years ago and a lot has changed since. However, why are there so many different parts on it? Why has the roll cage been modified to include extra diagonals on the b pillar and through to the strut tops?

It would be a cool car to own and put right but that would cost £££’s and with all the questions that’s why I value it at £150k max. Either way he’s likely to do very well as he paid sub €90k I think.

8. Mad Max

Mad Max V-Limited Member

Comments in fb photos saying a lot was butchered by previous Italian owners?

9. James Lowry

James Lowry V-Limited Member

I'd be inclined to believe that too. They are rough.

Prodrive will give it an authenticity check over for 2,500 pounds + VAT but you need to bring the car to them so unlikely they will do this unless they fly them out.
    Prodrive in Oz only operated for the Supercars AFAIK.