Genuine windscreen - Newage/GDB discontinued

Chaycore

V-Limited Member
So following a bunch of calls after needing a screen, Subaru UK no longer supplies genuine screens for UK cars and others that match the part number. The part for Spec C isn’t discontinued but has an unknown lead time and a price of approximately £1000.

Any suggestions? Tempted by a heated screen from C Bradley if I’m stuck with having a non genuine one.

benji

V-Limited Member
I got one couple of months ago,
There was 7 revisions on parts numbers so possibly you had one of the earlier numbers which say nla.
But yes it was £924 plus vat and 12week wait.

Chaycore

V-Limited Member
I got one couple of months ago,
There was 7 revisions on parts numbers so possibly you had one of the earlier numbers which say nla.
But yes it was £924 plus vat and 12week wait.
And did Keith michaels approve that? Just wondering how to approach the conversation with them!

benji

V-Limited Member
And did Keith michaels approve that? Just wondering how to approach the conversation with them!
It wasn't a windscreen claim bud so can't answer that,
Keith micheals is only a broker it's your underwriter who have the say dude.
If you want the part number then shout pal, but yours is a spec c so I'm never sure is the screen thinner or that a myth?
I know the side windows are.

Chaycore

V-Limited Member
It wasn't a windscreen claim bud so can't answer that,
Keith micheals is only a broker it's your underwriter who have the say dude.
If you want the part number then shout pal, but yours is a spec c so I'm never sure is the screen thinner or that a myth?
I know the side windows are.

I've tried a couple of different part numbers, a lot of which are NLA and then superceeded, but send it across if you get chance!

Chaycore

V-Limited Member
Right so current situation.
Insurer will only cover up to £600 for a windscreen, which means I'd have to pay in the difference to get a screen from Japan (£1000)
Called Autoglass again today and they used to offer green and blue tinted glass. I'd imagine green is more UK spec and blue import? They don't offer blue anymore, only green.

My glass definitely doesn't look green, so that doesn't leave me with many options, other than a good used screen from a car being broken? Unless anyone has another suggestion

benji

V-Limited Member
65009FE29 this was the windscreen for mine from japan,
no point putting in a second hand one,
guess just trying to find a plain clear screen with no tint maybe best?

Chaycore

V-Limited Member
65009FE29 this was the windscreen for mine from japan,
no point putting in a second hand one,
guess just trying to find a plain clear screen with no tint maybe best?

Thats the part number I had - they go through various updates and part numbers get superceeded etc and is the £1000 option, which insurance would only cover £600.

Sadly no such thing as a plain clear screen unless you go for a heated screen from C Bradley or similar, its green tint or nothing, hence considering a second hand genuine screen as they are fairly easy to get hold of.
I'd be p*ssed if I'd just spent £1k on a screen only to get another rockchip