Fuel leak

Discussion in 'Subaru Impreza WRX Help & advice' started by Andrei, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Andrei

Andrei Type RA Member

Hi all!
    I have a problem with my suby when i drive hard in corners. If the fuel level is over half ,my fuel starts leaking on my rear right wheel and bumber.
    It seems that the fuel comes from the fuel filler cap ,but the cap is tight. I want to ask if the V4 Sti have a one way valve in the filler neck?(i believe it have)
    I don't understand how the fuel goes up to the filler cap (because the interior of the cap is wet with fuel)
    If i drive hard with the fuel under half level the car starts to fuel cut in hard corners.
    i know i need a surge tank but the leak is normal too?

2. V3 type r

V3 type r V-Limited Member

Im sure the filler neck is a separate piece @Andrei have you checked where it meets the tank? Could have broken or worked itself loose there. Or maybe needs a new seal

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. V3 type r

If the neck has broken or came loose at the tank it would make me think that the tank is loose. Defiantly worth checking

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Ossett2k2

Ossett2k2 V-Limited Member

Had the same on my old car,fuel filler neck was rotten,got that bad it poured out when filling up,I had to fill up through the fuel pump hatch for a while until I replaced it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Andrei

Andrei Type RA Member

i replace the filler neck with all the pipes,clamps,seals brand new (also the pipe under the car that meets the tank is new). The problem is the same,under hard corners my fuel comes through the gas gap i think and drain on my bumper and wheel

6. Andrei

Andrei Type RA Member

Any ideeas on how can i solve this problem?
    I see that importcarparts have a one way valve for the filler neck.Any suggestion?

7. V3 type r

If its coming out where the cap is it might be where the neck is connected at the top or the seal on the cap itself?

8. Andrei

Andrei Type RA Member