Final edition brake calipers

Discussion in 'General Impreza WRX chat' started by hugh, Mar 21, 2020.

1. hugh

hugh V-Limited Member

Hi all,

I'm having my wheels re-painted next week and thought while the car is on the ramp with the wheels off I might as well get the calliper's re-painted. The callipers are Red at the moment but I'm thinking of having them painted the colour of the final edition model, I know mines not the final edition but I do like the colour they have painted the callipers, what's your thought on the colour, please see below pic, not the best but it gives you an idea....:thumb

Cheers

Hugh
    IMG_5200.thumb.JPG.640de3cbcc0aca971d29fafff4f63b9d.jpg alp_7772.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Topper Harley

Topper Harley Moderator

Not sure it looks good on a black car Hugh :shake: . My opinion only :thumb .

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. hugh

hugh V-Limited Member

I hear what your saying @Topper Harley , I'm not 100% sure myself but thought I'd give it a go and see what the outcome is :wondering::wondering:, if I'm not happy then it will be back to the drawing board.. or do I just get them re-painted red ….:think::think::think::think::think:

4. Savage Bulldogs

Savage Bulldogs V-Limited Member

I had my old 4 post painted a fairly similar colour (Kawasaki green) and then changed to dog knob red brembos , personally I prefer red on mine but have a few red bits in the bay too
    2016-04-02 08.56.42.png

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. asperformance

asperformance Site Supporter

Not that bothered about the FD colour anyhows but on a black car I think they would just look wrong

Maybe RED as mentioned above if you want something 'different'

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Essbon

Essbon Impreza WRX Type R STI Version 5

Sticking with the black theme... callipers black with the STI text in the final edition colour or another colour but something to make it stand out

just my thought

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. hugh

hugh V-Limited Member

So the car went into the paint shop today for the wheels to be re-painted as I wasn't happy with the finish on them. While the wheels were off I gave the calliper's a good clean and after your comments on here regarding the Final Edition colour, I have now decided to leave them as they are :thumb, so thanks for you honest opinions, much appreciated …...;);)

Caliper (8).jpg Caliper (7).jpg Caliper (5).jpg Caliper (3).jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hedgecutter

Hedgecutter Type RA Member

Good choice. I think they look great

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Etheridge-Bird

Etheridge-Bird Moderator

Good (correct) decision Hugh.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hugh

hugh V-Limited Member

My next dilemma guy's, I have the Prodrive GT2 alloys which have been painted black, I would like to put genuine Prodrive centre caps in, as the ones that are in at the moment aren't up to my standard's and are a cheap STI copy :rolleyes:. The only think is the Prodrive ones are Silver in colour and I'm not sure how the would look in black wheels :wondering::wondering: , what's your thoughts ?????? please see link below

http://scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4035

I've also found these OEM STI ones but unsure if they will fit ??, these are similar to the cheap copies I have at the moment , please see link below and a photo of my wheels

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=173360914614

90899390_888395238285463_6567556954716110848_n.jpg 90899390_888395238285463_6567556954716110848_n.jpg

What's your thoughts guy's, would appreciate your opinions …...:thumbthumb