Dashbaord/Speedometer/Electro expert advice.

Wally

Type RA Member
Looking from somebody that can help me out on an idea.

Very soon, as in 2024, young timers (cars between 20 and 30 years old) will be subjected to the LEZ, low emmison rules.
That means that we have to pay A LOT of money to drive our cars.
For now the LEZ are only in some city centers but in 2024, the halve of Belgium will be one BIG LEZ....

To steer around those fines, young timers may drive maximum 3000 km/per year tax/toll free.

So I am looking for somebody that can help me changing my dashboard digital part.
I want a sort of switch/interupion on the digital Miles/KM counter to stop counting when I flick the switch.

It may be illegal, I don't care but I definitely will not bow for the EU hype and certainly not pay any extra taxes anymore.

For your consideration : I bought my Impreza here in Belgium 21 years ago new.
Payed road tax every year around 600 £
Payed a one time registration fee of 6000 £
I almost payed the new-value of my car on taxes alone in all those years !

So enough is enough.

Any help is welcome.

type-ra

Special Specification
Looking from somebody that can help me out on an idea.

Very soon, as in 2024, young timers (cars between 20 and 30 years old) will be subjected to the LEZ, low emmison rules.
That means that we have to pay A LOT of money to drive our cars.
For now the LEZ are only in some city centers but in 2024, the halve of Belgium will be one BIG LEZ....

To steer around those fines, young timers may drive maximum 3000 km/per year tax/toll free.

So I am looking for somebody that can help me changing my dashboard digital part.
I want a sort of switch/interupion on the digital Miles/KM counter to stop counting when I flick the switch.

It may be illegal, I don't care but I definitely will not bow for the EU hype and certainly not pay any extra taxes anymore.

For your consideration : I bought my Impreza here in Belgium 21 years ago new.
Payed road tax every year around 600 £
Payed a one time registration fee of 6000 £
I almost payed the new-value of my car on taxes alone in all those years !

So enough is enough.

Any help is welcome.
I can't help you I'm afraid but hats off to you for the idea :bow

FeeRA

WRX TYPE RA
Clocking every year is your only real option (I’d like to add I don’t condone it etc but I understand where your coming from, governments can’t get enough)

RA Graham

V-Limited Member
find your local dodgy car dealer and ask him to knock off the extra Km over the 3000 your aloud at the end of each year, I'm sure you can find one that has a lot of experience in this field :rofl::lipssealed:

SUBGT

V-Limited Member
I would guess it is as easy as cutting the speed signal wire to the speedo.

But unless you have an aftermarket ecu, the stock ecu will trigger a check engine light when it is missing vehicle speed for a prolongated period of time and you will get a 4000rpm rev limiter.
having speed signal back will most likely turn the CEL back off.

RA Graham

V-Limited Member
I'll take it that they will check the covered Km's when your car goes in for it's vehicle test.
If this is so then you need two fully working dashes one which you clock up the Km on and one to use when it goes for the test with a limited amount of new Km's on it each year.
Dash swap