Companies with experience in converting RHD to LHD

saburu

Type RA Member
Hi all,

would like to get some pointers regarding REPUTABLE companies that can perform a steering wheel swap on a GC8.
I live in Europe so RHD just doesn't work but would still like to become the owner of a mint car.
Multiple experiences with swaps and technical track record are key, want no compromises in those areas.
I am aware it is costly, but am very motivated to fulfil a long cherished desire.

Thx

Paul92

V-Limited Member
Ju

Just across the Channel, The Netherlands
Try Danny Liefveld/Custom Car Repairs on Facebook. If there's somebody who knows how to deal with the Impreza body/chassis, it's him. He can also do a full check on the rust sensitive areas and a lot more.

Do keep in mind that not only parts like the dash, pedals, heater/AC system, steering rack & pipes, subframe, brake & clutch, wiper arms etc, but also the complete bulkhead and wiring needs re-doing.

You will lose the stock 15:1 or 13:1 steering rack and probably get the choice of either a 16.5 Impreza GT rack or a PRS 2.2 quick rack.

L555BAE

V-Limited Member
Prodrive have done this many times, and they are very reputable.

Dirkdiggler1978

Continues improvement
In Poland there are several reputable converters including authorized Subaru dealers.

Some years ago there was no other way than coversion to drive legally rhd car in Poland. That created a market for workshops which specialized in that job.

Two challenges now:
- to find a quality donor car and this is more and more difficult
- be patient as those companies usually are booked a few months if not years ahead.

I dont like to advertise any particular shop but pm me if you like and I can give you some adresses to consider.