coilovers for my ra

jason raa

jason raa
If you increase the spring rates does that make the dampers not work as well on softer settings.
Need to be available in uk.
Meister show this.
Does anyone know what it means.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-110312_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-110312_Chrome.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 10

jason raa

jason raa
Do coilovers about £800 compress much with the weight of the car and do they even have much down travel.
Just trying to find best option but doesnt look like there is many.
Going for f6 r4
Or f6 f5 springs

2pot

V-Limited Member
The further you bias the spring rates towards smoother track surfaces and speeds, the less grip you will have on the road.

All these rates consider flat ride - the ability of the spring rates to settle the chassis, without constraining the system with excessive damping = increased heat = wear:

P1 3.5/2.8 more grip on undulating/uneven b-roads
V6sti 4.1/3.6 smoother roads
(P1 and V6sti use the same dampers)
STI tarmac/gymkhana 5.1/4.9
If you bias toward a 100mph average 6/5

Last edited:

2pot

V-Limited Member
I don´t have any feedback of Teins, but I am running 7kg front and 5kg rear springs. The rear springs are too soft for track use. I am changing them to 6kg and try from there next summer. I also have a adjustable rear swaybar and damping, but I can feel the rear springs are not adequate on higher compression. I am still on street tyres and when I get better gripping tyres I also need the rear to be a bit stiffer.
What rear ride height are you running?

2pot

V-Limited Member
Put 40kg in the boot to simulate a full tank, then lift to 340mm - it'll roll less at the rear.
What rear bar and rear alignment?

MY00R

V-Limited Member
Put 40kg in the boot to simulate a full tank, then lift to 340mm - it'll roll less at the rear.
What rear bar and rear alignment?
Do you mean @2pot to put 40kg in the boot if the tank is empty? My tank was full when leveling.

I have 22mm Whiteline adjustable rear bar in the middle position (3 way adjust). I can´t remember the rear toe alignment, but rear camber is between -1.10 ... -1.20

Last edited: