Can scratches be removed from windscreens??

PeteRA

V-Limited Member
The RA has some fine scratches on the screen and side drivers window, is it possible to get them removed?? They’re not deep at all, or is there away I could try??

Thanks.

RA Graham

V-Limited Member
Pete are the scratches in a long line running from top to bottom in a slight curve ?.
if so then you need to fix the cause of the problem first which is a small felt pad in the inside of the door.

PeteRA

V-Limited Member
Pete are the scratches in a long line running from top to bottom in a slight curve ?.
if so then you need to fix the cause of the problem first which is a small felt pad in the inside of the door.

Every direction Graham, probably when it was being shipped over pal.

Burt2000

V-Limited Member
Maybe a detailer with some
Good glass polishes and a buff or you could try some of these cheap home remedies?

Wally

V-Limited Member
You can only remove scratches in glass with cerium oxide. That is a powder, to be mixed with mater in a paste and applied with a rotary. This is a super messy job. Cerium oxide is a hard material (that is why they use it to polish glass...) It scratches everything and the sling-slurries made with the polisher is a mess to clean up. You must also find the right mixture of CerOxide, a windscreen is hardened and has layers of plastic in between. In the end you could maybe remove a scratch but will warp your window and maki it blurry to see trough.
I'm in the glass business for 25 years, been there, done it all and tried everything.

None of the commercial available so called "glass polishes" can remove scratches.

I would replace the windscreen.

Wally

V-Limited Member
I did use cerium oxide with good to moderate results for cleaning up my heavy pitted driving lamps.
(Hella 1000ff, glass lenses)
They do came up about 80 % better.
But I sanded the lenses from 40 to 2000 grit before.
Don't do that on a windscreen please.....

PeteRA

V-Limited Member
Ha ha, no I won’t don’t worry. To be fair I’m a picky f......r and it’s not that bad, but I will consider ( maybe) a new one in the future. Thanks for your help buddy ;)