Brake Upgrade and Replacement

Deion GC8

Type RA Member
I’m looking to replace the pads and discs all round on my 99 WRX Type RA. What pads and disc upgrades have people gone for? Looking for a fast road option. I’ve checked the chassis code and it says I should have 2 pot fronts and single pot rears but I think I’ve got 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears. I’ve attached photos below, if someone could let me know what pot they are that’d be great. I’d also like to get rebuild kits for the callipers, what kits have people used? thank you!

Attachments

type-ra

Administrator
I’m looking to replace the pads and discs all round on my 99 WRX Type RA. What pads and disc upgrades have people gone for? Looking for a fast road option. I’ve checked the chassis code and it says I should have 2 pot fronts and single pot rears but I think I’ve got 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears. I’ve attached photos below, if someone could let me know what pot they are that’d be great. I’d also like to get rebuild kits for the callipers, what kits have people used? thank you!
Your fronts are 4 pots and rears are single pots.
Alyn @asperformance will have the parts you need :thumb

Paul73

V-Limited Member

southern scooby

Type RA Member
Same as above, i used Godspeed seal and piston kit when the front o/s caliper seized a few months ago. Good quality and fit, hardest bit was cleaning the old calipers and removing the seized piston, used a grease gun to push them out bit by bit wedging them with off cuts of wood. Cleaned the bores with a small cylinder hone bought on ebay with a combi drill, got them like new.

Standard discs and carbon Lorraine rc5 pads, good stopping power just a bit clonky at slow speeds and reversing