Boris’s speech

PeteRA

V-Limited Member
Well I thought it would have had a little more flexibility?? , I guess I understand his thinking about it being the last lockdown so we’ll just have to go with it. What’s everyone’s thought on his speech??

Last edited:

sc86

V-Limited Member
Wouldnt be like borris to tell a few lies , oh wait........

Uk vaccination project looks to be in fantastic shape it must be said

Beakster

V-Limited Member
Other country’s must be looking rather enviously at the U.K. at the moment. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see outbreaks again in the Southern Hemisphere winter as they are currently pretty slow at Vaccinating.

sc86

V-Limited Member
Other country’s must be looking rather enviously at the U.K. at the moment. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see outbreaks again in the Southern Hemisphere winter as they are currently pretty slow at Vaccinating.
vaccination wise yes , but the uk was a total mess with cases / deaths up to the vaccine started.
Borris and crew had made a balls out it up to that point.

Crazy how slow europe were to give the green light for the first 3 that are confirmed to use , they literally had one route out of this , why they were so bloody slow to roll it out i would love to know.

Silver Scooby Sport

V-Limited Member
For the first time in a long time it feels like we have some daylight on the horizon. What’s important and I’m sure we are all likeminded is going forward we need be carful and I don’t think we need to be told that, many will not but I think we are responsible enough to be aware that it’s not going away quickly.

For me I’d prefer a steady walk to freedom and no return to lockdown than be released tomorrow only to be locked down again in the near future.

johnfelstead

Type RA Member
vaccination wise yes , but the uk was a total mess with cases / deaths up to the vaccine started.
Borris and crew had made a balls out it up to that point.

Crazy how slow europe were to give the green light for the first 3 that are confirmed to use , they literally had one route out of this , why they were so bloody slow to roll it out i would love to know.
How long have you got?

The condensed version is they wanted to use it as an EU solidarity project and fucked it up.

Whats worse from the fallout of that is we saw the EU commission and clowns like Macron deflecting the flak onto the AZ vaccine production issues they caused by delaying the orders, with Macron telling people AZ doesn't work with no scientific basis to support that.

What that has led to is people in Europe refusing to accept the AZ vaccine, they have large quantities on the shelf people wont use and they have the most vulnerable not being offered it. Add to that the shutdown of the Pfizer production line to enable changes to ramp up the longer term output capacity and you have a total clusterfuck of epic proportions.

France in particular has a large anti-vaxer problem, Macron threw flames on the fire.

This is the thing i am most concerned about for the coming year, i earn my living in motorsport and have EU based drivers who wont be able to come to the UK and we will struggle to get out to EU circuits and back in a way that makes financial sense due to quaratine rules. One year was bad, two is going to be very tough to swallow.